Text messages over Bluetooth to vehicle

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Coming from Windows Phone, when I had my phone connected to my vehicle(2013 Subaru Outback or my 2014 Honda Odyssey) via Bluetooth, when I would receive a text message on the phone, the text message would be read aloud over the car's speakers (it would say who the text was from then ask me if I wanted to read it or ignore, then when finished it would ask if I wanted to call them back). Now that I have my G3 attached to the Outback, the only thing that happens when I receive a text is that the music will fade a little, then the text message ding will sound (very quietly), then the music will fade back to normal volume.

Is there a way to get the G3 to read texts aloud over Bluetooth like my old WP used to be able to?

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Coming from Windows Phone, when I had my phone connected to my vehicle(2013 Subaru Outback or my 2014 Honda Odyssey) via Bluetooth, when I would receive a text message on the phone, the text message would be read aloud over the car's speakers (it would say who the text was from then ask me if I wanted to read it or ignore, then when finished it would ask if I wanted to call them back). Now that I have my G3 attached to the Outback, the only thing that happens when I receive a text is that the music will fade a little, then the text message ding will sound (very quietly), then the music will fade back to normal volume.

Is there a way to get the G3 to read texts aloud over Bluetooth like my old WP used to be able to?
The G3 reads texts to me in my 2013 Ford Edge and 2014 MKZ it does not ask if I want to call. I am happy with the way it works on my Ford products. It may be the app you are using I am using the free Verizon "Message+" app.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Settings > Sound > Message/call voice notifications

Turn this on and enable "Messages" and "Read messages". It probably won't ask you how you would like to proceed, though, after reading the message. That is one thing I liked about Windows Phone.

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That's the one feature I missed the most about my Lumia 920. The feature does not need to be connected via Bluetooth, it also works with wired headsets as well.

I wonder if there's an app in the play store that can replicate that feature.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63