TEXT Replys dont notify me in S21 Ultra and I cant find a fix for it.

TG 1

May 10, 2022
Visit site
I reset my Ultra and now if i send a text i dont get any audible notification of the replies .

Have tried it between my wifes S5 and mine and no noise at all. Have searched for solutions but none work.

Anyone have any ideas Am using messages with the icon with the 3 dots in it and the tail at the bottom

Thanks in advance

Jell Lee

May 27, 2021
Visit site
some basic things to check if you haven't already.
1. check the system or notification sound is up (simply pressing volume key may not do the trick depending on the setting you have on the phone, the sound icon with the little bell is the notification sound volume level)
2. try cache partition clearing from the recovery mode, your phone just may have a bit of old data left over that needs to be cleared up.
3. I'm sure you'd notice if it was on, but check for any routine and do not disturb settings that have initiated.
4. Go to messages app setting and check the notification setting. Check that it's not set to deliver quietly.

if none of these help. then reproduce the issue and report to samsung members app > get help > error report.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Had the same issue with mine I traded it in for a iPhone 13 pro and now it works like it should no more Samsung devices for me.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Which message app are you using?

He is using stock....
____________________________________________________________________________________
"Anyone have any ideas Am using messages with the icon with the 3 dots in it and the tail at the bottom"
____________________________________________________________________________________

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
He is using stock....
"Anyone have any ideas Am using messages with the icon with the 3 dots in it and the tail at the bottom"
Thanks for highlighting that , you are correct.
That case long press the message app then tap info>notifications if are on , if they are continuing to storage clear data then force stop it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
academyekamias