Texting a group?

murphster03

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but is there a way to text a group of people with the droid? I had this ability on my blackberry and it will be frustrating to not have this option. If it's not available with the phone, any good app suggestion to do this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I was able to text a few people by just putting in their phone numbers separated by a comma between each number in the to: field and it was able to text them all at the same time. I only put in 4 people so I don't know if there is a limit though.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just keeping adding contacts to your message I don't think you can make a group list if that was what your asking. That does suck because I have a few list of boards that I'm on I just have to send them from my computer now.

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So it's been annoying me a lot that I can't use groups better with the Droid especially since that's one thing that I need to have in both Personal life and Business. I just found an absolutely amazing app that I have a feeling a lot of people would put to good use.
Contacts GroupU v1.6.3 Application for Android | Tools

It syncs to your google groups which means you can manage everything from
http://www.google.com/contacts and have one place to group all your contacts for email, phone, txt, google voice, etc.

An absolute awesome feature not immediately noticeable is there is no "check all" button for select all the people in a group to send a txt/email to. However, if you don't check any and just hit text it will use all the contacts in the group.

Hope this helps out people and makes everyones night/day.

murphster03

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
isleshocky, thanks for the info. i searched for this app on the market and found it pretty easily, but from the comments, it looks like the app doesn't support droid yet. are you using a droid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24