Thank you Google for a free quarter tank of gas!

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So I stopped by Sheetz tonight after seeing a midnight showing of Chernobyl Diaries, and I can report that Google Wallet works very well. I swiped my phone in front of the pump's NFC reader, and my phone picked it up almost immediately.
Also, I'm not sure if the pump or the phone caused this to happen, but once the pump reached $10, the maximum balance on the Google prepaid [virtual] card, the pump stopped. Very nifty.

Happy so far.

castingon

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who finds it odd using a phone near a gas pump since they have (or at least were I get my gas) do not use your cell phone. I also see this being a disaster in NJ.

I think the $10 credit was when you signed up for Google Wallet. I used mine when they first released Wallet. Too bad we aren't getting the other nice dollar amounts some other phone buyers are.

So how was Chernobyl Diaries? I really want to go see it.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who finds it odd using a phone near a gas pump since they have (or at least were I get my gas) do not use your cell phone. I also see this being a disaster in NJ.

I think the $10 credit was when you signed up for Google Wallet. I used mine when they first released Wallet. Too bad we aren't getting the other nice dollar amounts some other phone buyers are.

So how was Chernobyl Diaries? I really want to go see it.

This is an urban myth, you CAN use your phone near gas pumps.... trust me you wont blow up LOL

Cell phones have caused explosions at gas stations-Fiction!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24