News The Android 14 webcam feature makes my $1,000 Pixel 8 Pro look like a cheap camera

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I've done many Zoom, Teams, and Meet meetings. Seeing someone in 4K is not really that important nor (in many cases) desirable. Looking at a PowerPoint slide in 4K is no better than looking at it in 1080p.

Reactions: rvbfan

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate it when tech writers wait until you're halfway through the article before they reveal that they're talking about BETA SOFTWARE. By definition this is software still in development. STOP WRITING AS THOUGH IT'S A FINISHED PRODUCT.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Just that we have this functionality is good. Yes it's in "BETA" by definition it's not done yet. What I want now is the hanging clips like what Belkin has for this iPhone feature. Then I can set this up and not have to use my potato of laptop webcam.

AjStone

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
No one wants to isolate your smartphone to the top of your monitor for the duration of a meeting. What if you get a phone call? Webcam feed stops, or worse, you have to take down the phone and silence the ringer while everyone's staring at whatever is behind you? What if you drop your phone? Dumb idea.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I used my Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra (not tethered) for all my meetings and my camera is always the best looking in the group

I tried using my S23 Ultra as a webcam and the PQ is just horrendous.

Maybe some day they will replace dedicated devices. For now it's a beta tech dream

SvenJ

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Just that we have this functionality is good. Yes it's in "BETA" by definition it's not done yet. What I want now is the hanging clips like what Belkin has for this iPhone feature. Then I can set this up and not have to use my potato of laptop webcam.
The Belkin offerings depend on the iPhone having MagSafe as a means of mounting. There are plenty if options already for non-MagSafe phones. Or you could get one of the many plates/rings that stick to your phone, and use Belkin's options.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29