The double tap.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching to the TB when it come out. I am currently on an iphoney.

One of the things I like about the iphone is when I am on their safari/internet I can double tap on the screen and the page will format to my phone screen.

Does the TB and or Android have this feature?

Sorry for such a basic question but I went through the search function and quite a few threads to no avail.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching to the TB when it come out. I am currently on an iphoney.

One of the things I like about the iphone is when I am on their safari/internet I can double tap on the screen and the page will format to my phone screen.

Does the TB and or Android have this feature?

Sorry for such a basic question but I went through the search function and quite a few threads to no avail.

It has a similar feature, yes. However, it's not quite as powerful as what the iPhone has.

Skillz1318

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Is it as smooth as the iPhone on most HTC's? My friend has a Droid 2 and the double tap does format page to fit screen however it kind of stutters as it goes...its not fluid.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
It has a similar feature, yes. However, it's not quite as powerful as what the iPhone has.

I would say it isn't quite as fluid (I don't think any Android OS or skin is yet) as iOS, but I actually prefer it on the HTC models becuase it does something the iphone doesn't -- on iphone when you double tap it fills the screen with text, but if you enlarge past that you have to scroll side to side to read all of the text. On an HTC device you can still double tap just like the iphone, but if you enlarge past that it reformats the text into a column the width of the screen so you only have to scroll up and down, not side to side. It's a very nice feature IMO.

Last edited:

Skillz1318

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Jim...I can't wait for the Thunderbolt to be released! This will be replacing my personal iPhone 4...I unfortunately have to wait until work approves the device...hoping 2-3 weeks after release as I am getting them to pay for it.

I'll be then transferring my line to google voice and getting rid of my iPhone.