News The Honor Magic 6 Pro camera seriously blows me away

robi10101298

Mar 15, 2024
Visit site
Coming from S23 Ultra, Honor Magic 6 Pro has some advantages but also a lot of disadvantages...
Advantages:
- good display that's not getting your eyes tired;
- amazing battery life( with s23 ultra I couldn't pass the 5h SOT, while with Honor I have easily 8h);
- good amount of customizable things; easy to use interface(100% copy from Huawei);

and now the bad parts:
- camera quality it's really bad compared to s23 ultra( I could zoom and no quality degradation happened due to 10x optical zoom--> you can;t beat optics and fool with sht AI);
- video quality it's really worse due to EIS instead of OIS , here scamsung was the king;
- fingerprint sensor it's placed in the down part of the screen and it's really hard to unlock it;
- face unlock sometimes works sometimes not, it has the advantage that works even in the dark, for the scamsung it needed a bright screen to achieve this;
- really slow software support, just image that honor magic 5 pro didn't even get yet a14...
- really slow HW replacement if you have warranty issues(at least in my country - Romania)

I hope that Magic 7 pro will bring a at least 5x telephoto, better software support, and improved aftersales support.

Reactions: SyCoREAPER

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
- camera quality it's really bad compared to s23 ultra( I could zoom and no quality degradation happened due to 10x optical zoom--> you can;t beat optics and fool with sht AI);

I feel like people are using my no-no word abbreviations as of late lol.

Anyway, that is exactly it. When I tell people why I returned the S24 U to keep my S23 U, that's the reason. The x5 lens can have as many Megapixels and AI as it wants, it sill never be able to compete with an optical lens that has a greater magnification.

I did multiple zoom test, even close up, beyond 5x the S24 Ultra cannot make out details. Period. The S23 Ultra still captured legible text on the other hand.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe