The Huawei phone

Fred V1

Jun 5, 2019
Visit site
Last couple of months ago, my mom's phone fell on a waste canal outside the house, cracking its screen and rendering its power button and volume up button permanently inert. Charging and alarm clock was the only way of turning it on. The phone began exhibiting erratic behaviours, such as randomly recieving calls for no reason, as well as its SIM card functions no longer working despite the card having been used constantly. It's been cut off from its way of calls and texts. It also drains AND charges rapidly compared to before, and it cannot charge unless the plug is moved to the phone's left side not to mention that the charging port became loose. Worse, just now the phone kept rebooting for no reason, only showing the Huawei logo, how is this happening, and what to do with it?

Here's the link, but the video is blurry due to my phone's camera.

https://imgur.com/a/JglqWEG

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty clear that the trauma from the fall caused some significant damage. There's no way for us to determine what exactly is malfunctioning, so I agree with mustang7757 about bringing it to a repair shop. Unfortunately, I suspect the cost of repair will not be worth the actual value of the phone. If your mother had some important data on the phone that wasn't backed up, then repair of the phone probably still won't help, since I imagine they'd have to replace the motherboard (which means the memory chips that have her data would be gone).