The iPhone 5 is so much better...

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Har, har, har. No it isn't. I know...

My first smart phone (I think it was a kinda smart phone) was a Treo 600. I thought it was a pretty darn cool device. I previously had a Palm 3C so it seemed like a natural progression. Eventually I moved on to a Treo 650 and then the 700 or something. I don't remember my last Treo because it was an absolute disaster. It had a Windows operating system. I was always a Windows guy but this experience was so bad that I dumped Microsoft altogether and bought a 17" MacBook Pro.

The next natural progression was an iPhone. I've had a "1", 3, 4 and 5. Great phones, really. You can drop 'em 495 times and they still work. They don't crack. They're very solid devices. They're easy to use and they just WORK. However, the screen is small as ****.

So I decided to give the Samsung Galaxy S4 a try. Now that's a HUGE F'n screen! I love that about the S4. Awesome camera, too. LTE and all - it's nice. Great phone. But holy horse**** does that Samsung operating system suck major balls. I may trying rooting it to get all the Samsung crap off - but I don't have time for that right now. As it stands, the S4 feels flimsy and operating the phone is very quirky. I really don't like it.

In the meantime, I bought an LG Nexus 4. Now this is a pretty solid feeling phone. Unfortunately, the F'n thing BROKE after two days. Yes, I did drop it. My fault. But I drop all my phones. They never break. Even the flimsy feeling S4 showed no damage after falling a few times. Sometimes I wear loose shorts or pants with short pockets and my phones fall out. Whatever. Anyway - the damn thing broke and I brought it to a local repair shop - and got it fixed. Great!

So... THIS is a really nice smart phone. I like it better than the iPhone 5. I'm pretty anxious to see what's coming with the "5" or whatever it's called. I'll appreciate a bigger screen, more memory and a better camera. But back to the Nexus 4 - what a really great smart phone. Apple really better up the anti if it wants to keep selling phones. I think they're resting on their laurels - for far too long now. This new iOS7 better be something - because I'm REALLY sick of their mini smart phone.

One thing I don't appreciate about Android - is having to bring my iPhone with me to listen to music in my car. I really wish this device had some sort of capability to store music. Am I missing something?

Well, I figured I'd sign up, learn more about the device and introduce myself. Hi.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually learning a new language via audio. The files were downloaded in iTunes. Is there a way to get them onto my Nexus 4?

If you download Google Music to the computer where the files are stored in iTunes it can automatically retrieve any non-blocked (if it can grab it, it will, if not it is because of DRM or other protection issues) files from the iTunes folder and upload them to Google Music. That, or your Android device can be set up in MTP mode allowing you to drag and drop files into it.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
If you download Google Music to the computer where the files are stored in iTunes it can automatically retrieve any non-blocked (if it can grab it, it will, if not it is because of DRM or other protection issues) files from the iTunes folder and upload them to Google Music. That, or your Android device can be set up in MTP mode allowing you to drag and drop files into it.

iTunes to Google Music didn't work for me so I guess I'm stuck with MTP mode. Is that complicated?

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got the 8GB N4 and I've had it since I think around late January or so. It's absolutely amazing, and by far has been the best Android-based phone I've owned.

Even though I've had a Mac since 1986, I am not an Apple fan, particuarly in light of how the company's ethics went straight to hell over the years that Steve Jobs reclaimed the helm.

As for music, I've been ripping all my CDs to FLAC, and then transcoding music to OGG on an on-demand basis so it doesn't take up too much space on my phone. I'm not heavily into music, so for me it's pretty easy to not run out of space with music.

I've been using the N4 on T-Mo's network, and when I can my plan is to switch to Straight Talk / AT&T so I can get more universally better coverage, particularly in and about the FGCU campus.

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Another music option is make mp3 versions of the songs within iTunes. (Right click>make mp3 version) Then copy and paste.

If the files are protected, you can burn them to a disc. Load them from the disc into iTunes as mp3s, then copy & paste.

If you use one of these methods be sure to delete the extra file when done. Dups can mess up some playlists in iTunes.

Not the easiest ways to do it but these options do work :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny