the screen will not come on

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

how can i get the screen to come on I charged it but now the screen will not come on

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Charged it" for how long? Give it at least 4 hours on the charger when that happens. (A totally dead battery takes at least an hour before it starts to actually charge, after you plug in the charger.)

If, after that, holding the power button down (I've never seen it take more than 30 seconds for a simulated battery pull, which is what that's called) doesn't bring the phone back, there is probably one of two problems - either the screen went bad (try calling the phone - if it rings but the screen is still dead, it's a bad screen) or the battery went bad and can't be charged. (Dropping the battery down below 40% shortens its life. So does constantly charging it to 100%. Dropping it down to 1% or so regularly can kill a brand new battery in a month. (Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries. The only thing they have going for them is that they're very light. [Lithium is the lightest metal at any temperature we can survive at. (Hydrogen is even lighter, but it's only a metal at around 0 Kelvins, which would kill any life in small fractions of a second. Even intergalactic space is warmer than that.)])

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463