The thing I like most about my S10 so far....

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been an audiophile my entire life and currently own B&W 800 series loudspeakers. The sound quality I'm hearing coming out of the headphone jack with the packed in AKG ear buds is the best sound I've ever heard before from a pair of ear buds! Even better than my Sennheiser Momentum buds! Been spending most of the day listening to music, can't get enough - Very impressed with the AKG's. Out of the box the default inserts on the buds where too small for me, they where very comfortable but weren't sealing all the way and was losing bass punch. I installed the largest of the three, perfect fit and perfect sound! They just sold me on buying a full size AKG headphones for my gaming PC!

Man I remember how gawd awful the packed in buds where with the S7...so uncomfortable and worse sound than my stock S5. Where the old white stock buds lacked bass and not the most distortion free top end and the Sennheiser Momentums are just too bass heavy, and lacking mids, these AKG's are just perfection.... Good bass punch and treble but not overdone bass like the momentums and have great midrange unlike the momentums which lack midrange. Just make sure that you use a large enough insert to get a good seal or you will lack bass. No EQ needed, nice punch, very clear, and not that hardcore V shape sound of the momentum. Good job on the music sound quality and especially the comfort which has always been an issue for me with ear buds! I've been listening for hours and they've stayed very comfortable.....

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I've been an audiophile my entire life and currently own B&W 800 series loudspeakers. The sound quality I'm hearing coming out of the headphone jack with the packed in AKG ear buds is the best sound I've ever heard before from a pair of ear buds! Even better than my Sennheiser Momentum buds! Been spending most of the day listening to music, can't get enough - Very impressed with the AKG's. Out of the box the default inserts on the buds where too small for me, they where very comfortable but weren't sealing all the way and was losing bass punch. I installed the largest of the three, perfect fit and perfect sound! They just sold me on buying a full size AKG headphones for my gaming PC!

Man I remember how gawd awful the packed in buds where with the S7...so uncomfortable and worse sound than my stock S5. Where the old white stock buds lacked bass and not the most distortion free top end and the Sennheiser Momentums are just too bass heavy, and lacking mids, these AKG's are just perfection.... Good bass punch and treble but not overdone bass like the momentums and have great midrange unlike the momentums which lack midrange. Just make sure that you use a large enough insert to get a good seal or you will lack bass. No EQ needed, nice punch, very clear, and not that hardcore V shape sound of the momentum. Good job on the music sound quality and especially the comfort which has always been an issue for me with ear buds! I've been listening for hours and they've stayed very comfortable.....

Assuming you've had one, how would you rate the sound from the S10 headphone jack to that of an LG V-series phone, with the HiFi quad DAC enabled with a high quality pair of high impedance headphones?

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you've had one, how would you rate the sound from the S10 headphone jack to that of an LG V-series phone, with the HiFi quad DAC enabled with a high quality pair of high impedance headphones?

Sorry, couldn't tell you. I've only used Samsung Galaxy phones since the smart phone era and don't think I've ever owned a high impedance pair of headphones because I always wanted my headphones to be efficient enough for typical PC/Laptop. I normally only buy the higher quality stuff for my full sized sound system in which I use loudspeakers. The more I hear about the LG V series with regards to sound quality the more I wonder if I bought the right phone. I'm also interested in recording quality of the mic for recording events such as concerts. I don't care enough to buy a dedicated video cam but better quality out of a smart phone is always welcomed.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...my headphone buds with the phone didn't come with other inserts? Are these the promo buds?

I don't think so. My two extra sizes where on a piece of little cardboard the same material that the AKG buds where in that went through the inserts like a shish kabob is the best way that I can describe it! When I was opening the buds they kinda just fell out if I remember correctly. Do you have the E version or the regular S10? Mine is the regular black 128Gb (ATT) version.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Sorry, couldn't tell you. I've only used Samsung Galaxy phones since the smart phone era and don't think I've ever owned a high impedance pair of headphones because I always wanted my headphones to be efficient enough for typical PC/Laptop. I normally only buy the higher quality stuff for my full sized sound system in which I use loudspeakers. The more I hear about the LG V series with regards to sound quality the more I wonder if I bought the right phone. I'm also interested in recording quality of the mic for recording events such as concerts. I don't care enough to buy a dedicated video cam but better quality out of a smart phone is always welcomed.

The LG V-series is definitely hands down the best when it comes to headphone audio. I asked because I have a 32 ohm pair of in ears that I use daily, as well as a pair of Sony MDR-NC7's with an impedance rating of 100 ohm with noise canceling switched off. Once you listen to music through the headphone jack with an LG phone, with the HiFi quad DAC enabled, it spoils you.

Music is noticeably louder, richer, and fuller sounding, and you hear every detail of the music you're listening to, clear as a bell with no distortion, even at max volume (75 steps of volume); things that you wouldn't normally hear unless you were in a quiet room, with absolutely no noise or distraction.

Having said all that, though, the S10 phones are as close as it gets to LG at this point. I had the LG V30 for all of two weeks last year before I sold it. Other than the audio and the battery life which were great, as well as the build quality, it still just felt like a half-assed version of a Samsung phone. The UI is dated and in bad need of a visual and functional overhaul, the reception was bad for me, and it also has no where near the customization options that Samsung's theme store has.

The difference between audio with Dolby Atmos toggled on and off is more subtle than the LG phone, but still noticeable. I can't wait to get the S10+, so I wouldn't have any regrets if I were you. 😊

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. My two extra sizes where on a piece of little cardboard the same material that the AKG buds where in that went through the inserts like a shish kabob is the best way that I can describe it! When I was opening the buds they kinda just fell out if I remember correctly. Do you have the E version or the regular S10? Mine is the regular black 128Gb (ATT) version.

I also have the regular black 128gb on AT&T. How is your battery life so far?

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
The LG V-series is definitely hands down the best when it comes to headphone audio. I asked because I have a 32 ohm pair of in ears that I use daily, as well as a pair of Sony MDR-NC7's with an impedance rating of 100 ohm with noise canceling switched off. Once you listen to music through the headphone jack with an LG phone, with the HiFi quad DAC enabled, it spoils you.

Music is noticeably louder, richer, and fuller sounding, and you hear every detail of the music you're listening to, clear as a bell with no distortion, even at max volume (75 steps of volume); things that you wouldn't normally hear unless you were in a quiet room, with absolutely no noise or distraction.

Having said all that, though, the S10 phones are as close as it gets to LG at this point. I had the LG V30 for all of two weeks last year before I sold it. Other than the audio and the battery life which were great, as well as the build quality, it still just felt like a half-assed version of a Samsung phone. The UI is dated and in bad need of a visual and functional overhaul, the reception was bad for me, and it also has no where near the customization options that Samsung's theme store has.

The difference between audio with Dolby Atmos toggled on and off is more subtle than the LG phone, but still noticeable. I can't wait to get the S10+, so I wouldn't have any regrets if I were you. ??????

Wouldn't it be nice to combine the best aspects of both phones? At least Samsung didn't drop the headphone jack like some companies are starting to do and hopefully don't in the future since it seems bluetooth is always a downgrade in audio quality...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz