The wait starts

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
We will see ICS on the XOOM before any other tablet sees it.

The only exception would be if a surprise GED tablet is announced and released freakishly fast. ;-)

For now, the XOOM is the only official GED tablet.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
We will see ICS on the XOOM before any other tablet sees it.

The only exception would be if a surprise GED tablet is announced and released freakishly fast. ;-)

For now, the XOOM is the only official GED tablet.

I do believe that you're right, but that doesn't mean that I'm impatientky waiting.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
xoom is a google experience device (like a nexus) so we get pure vanilla android/quicker updates

Really? I thought Xoom was supported and updated 100% by Motorola?

I'm not trying to nit-pick or anything; I've been wanting a "Nexus tablet", but my definition of "Nexus-like" is the software comes directly from the mother land - e.g. Google.

Someone please clarify for me. Thanks!

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure that Motorola already has a build. I think Samsung, ASUS, and Acer all have the code. Nobody can release before Google does. We should see the WiFi versions get ICS within a couple weeks.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't expect to see ICS on ANYTHING before the beginning of the year. Nothing will get updated before than and no new devices are gonna come out with it before the first of the year. Thats usually the time frame. I would expect the XOOM to be one of the first devices to get it. I assume its next in line after the Nexus devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali