Theme question

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to install a new theme onh my SF and have been searching on how to do it.

Maybe I am just not looking in the right place... are they flashed with ODIN like i did with 2.6sc? Or is it a whole different process?

If someone could point me in the right direction on learning how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Themes, ROMs by themselves, kernels by themselves, patches, and add-ons are flashed through clockwork mod recovery. Just click the link in my signature to get full step by step instructions.

just so I can start to comprehend all of this...

ODIN was a package designed specifically to be a one-click flash

While using CWM is doing the same thing, just maunally through your phone

is this correct?

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
More or less. Odin was an all in one package that installed your rom, kernel, root, and cwm. Cwm is a tool used to make changes to what you're currently running.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
just so I can start to comprehend all of this...

ODIN was a package designed specifically to be a one-click flash

While using CWR is doing the same thing, just maunally through your phone

is this correct?

Partly correct, you're catching on. You flash what is known as the modem or radio in ODIN and you can also flash different versions of clockwork mod (cwm) in ODIN. Pretty much everything else is flashed through cwm. DroidXcon put in a ton of work to package everything together so it can all be flashed in just a few easy steps through ODIN, thus taking a lot of the work and confusion away for first time rooters/flashers. I could keep going on and tell you a ton more, but that covers your basic question for now. Sheepdog Elite put together and excellent informational thread for new rooters. I rooted before he put it together and I struggled mightily when I first rooted. I wish this thread had been done before I rooted because it cleared up so much of the confusion. Give it a read sometime and it should make things much more clear to you:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...6394-beginners-rooting-read-me-2-27-11-a.html

Reactions: JOrtenzi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose