These speakers suck

TrevonH

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I heard a lot of good things about these speakers, but my Galaxy S5 sounds much, much better.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think most mobile device speakers don't sound all that great. At least they're stereo, compared with the 2012 N7's mono speaker.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The thing that sucks about them most is that they face away from the user making it so I can't hear much without cranking up the volume. I would rather have the sound coming out down near the bottom where the charging port is because at least I can cup it and direct the sound towards me like on my iphone. As far as sound quality goes for tablets though I would say these speakers are above average.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I think most mobile device speakers don't sound all that great. At least they're stereo, compared with the 2012 N7's mono speaker.

No doubt. Anyone looking for quality sound on a mobile device is likely to be disappointed. Invest in quality earbuds or a bluetooth speaker if sound is that important.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There's a notable improvement in the audio when holding the tablet landscape with your hands gently holding the tablet, which kind of cups the sound around to the front. Still, mobile device = not great sound. I can't stand to listen to music through mobile device speakers, or even laptop speakers for that matter. Works ok for watching videos though.

Comparing mobile device speaker audio quality is like comparing which tastes better - poo, or poo with nuts or bits of corn in it. It's all crap.

Last edited:

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Have to agree about the sound... For Christmas my daughter gave me a really nice sounding Death Star Bluetooth speaker... So much better!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7859.jpg
    7859.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 22

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the problem is a/ they cheap out on the speakers because most reviewers don't pay much attention to the sound and/or simply accept that the speakers are going to suck. No one wants to harp on the sound because then people will just tell them they're idiots and who cares about the speakers b/ the tablet is so thin there's no room for decent speakers.

Mind you I am not expecting freaking Harmon kardon speakers. I just want to not have metallic sound that literally hurts my ears and triggers my tinnitus. I want to be able to listen to podcast and hear dialog in Netflix without wearing headset or fiddling with external speakers or using an equalizer to muffle the sound

My old iPad 3 only has mono sound but it actually has some bass, is not tinny, and does not make me want to stuff cotton in my ears. That's all I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174