Think I may have bricked my phone. Help?

Lyle Ferguson

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I finally decided to take the plunge into the world of custom roms and root my phone. I had decided to use cyanogen but I was told I need to flash a new radio to my phone (2.5 radio). After booting into hboot I recieved the prompt to update. I let the update completely finish and rebooted. Now my phone is stuck at the green HTC booting screen.

Did I brick my phone? Some friends of mine raved about these forums and that the community was very helpful. Hope you guys can help me as well!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
delete the zip and flash a new rom is that difficult. quit being lazy and learn to search

You need to learn how to treat others, telling them to do a search is not helping.

Try removing the radio from your sdcard using a card reader and try flashing cm7 again, you may even want to download it again because you may have had a bad download the first time.

Reactions: Lyle Ferguson

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend installing the SDK before doing any rooting/roming. You can communicate to the device through a computer if it is ever stuck. If you have the sdk installed with the update already done navigate to it in either terminal or comand prompt (cd PATH_OF_SDK/platform-tools or \platform-tools in windows). Then type:
Code:
adb reboot recovery
if you are using a unix device, insert this before adb:
Code:
./
from there you can mount the sd card to the computer to delete the PG50IMG.zip file (mounts/storage and select USB)

Reactions: CMRobinson

rot#AC

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
You need to learn how to treat others, telling them to do a search is not helping.

Try removing the radio from your sdcard using a card reader and try flashing cm7 again, you may even want to download it again because you may have had a bad download the first time.

i beg to differ. you will never learn anything if you have people hand feed you. I messed my phone up first time i tried rooting but i didnt go crying and ask for help without searching. there about what 100+ of these threads if he would have bothered to search he would have found how to fix his problem.

You just told him to do what i said other then redownload..:-X

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with telling someone how to do something. Get off your high and mighty attitude. Some people may be very nervous making a change to their phone and if they aren't very technical it can be over whelming.

sent from my Thunderbolt

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i beg to differ. you will never learn anything if you have people hand feed you. I messed my phone up first time i tried rooting but i didnt go crying and ask for help without searching. there about what 100+ of these threads if he would have bothered to search he would have found how to fix his problem.

You just told him to do what i said other then redownload..:-X

It's a community where Android users assist other users, and right now you are acting like everyones dog just took a dump on your lawn. I am sorry you didn't think to ask for assistance, but that is no excuse to act like a jerk.

Solutions:

Could have pointed him to a thread where it's already been addressed.

Don't read the question.

Lyle Ferguson

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. I guess it was pretty simple. I was nervous about doing anything else after thinking I may have ruined my phone lol. Gonna try a few other roms now. Not liking cyanogen too much personally.

Oh, and I DID do some searching for a solution.

Again, thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv