Thinking about buying N4

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It's fall of 2013, the N4 has been out for quite a while now...Knowing how Google works, its getting close to revealing a new nexus line of phones and tablets to sell for the holidays. I know the N4 spec wise but, would it be a good idea to pull the trigger or just wait for a new nexus? Thanks for any replies!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

omegathreshold

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I jumped from a Lumia 920 due to reception issues. Don't get LTE in my area, reception overall is spotty.

However, after having the N4 for 2 days I think it's a great phone. Favorite feature is being able to select 2G to not only save battery, but it helps my reception around my house since I have better 2g coverage than 3g/4g.

for me at least, i'd have to see some remarkable improvements to convince me a new Nexus phone in the fall is significantly better than the current model.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I jumped from a Lumia 920 due to reception issues. Don't get LTE in my area, reception overall is spotty.

However, after having the N4 for 2 days I think it's a great phone. Favorite feature is being able to select 2G to not only save battery, but it helps my reception around my house since I have better 2g coverage than 3g/4g.

for me at least, i'd have to see some remarkable improvements to convince me a new Nexus phone in the fall is significantly better than the current model.

I totally agree!

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I currently have an iPhone 5, sure its a good device. But, I have owned the last 3 nexus devices as well as my N7. I miss my nexus phone to pair it up to my tablet. IOS has no customization like android. I'm thinking about the 8gb model due to money. Thanks for your reply!

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I know I'm a little late to the party here on this thread, but I'll add my 2? for the heck of it...

I was originally planning on getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus but by the time I could act, they switched to the LG Nexus 4. When I was finally able to buy it this January, well... I couldn't have been happier, and all this time later (geez what a short attention span we have anymore, eh?) I still couldn't be happier.

Yes, it's true it's not a fully/totally LTE-intended phone, so therefore under normal circumstances it's limited to HSPA+ 42, but that's worked out just fine for me. Mind you, I came from Sprint, so HSPA+ is (still) such a breath of fresh air. It looks at this point like Google is not yet set to replace the N4 (which says a lot because one would assume normally by this time they would have plans in place to go to the next Nexus iteration) though this is still only August and it might be November (my guess as to the "earliest" point we'd hear/see something) before they announce a new phone.

For me, the only things that would make it worth waiting for is if they offer 16/32, or 32/64 GB models for a comparable price point, if they go back to having a microSD slot, and LTE. Other than that, this is still an amazing and very solid device, and one I think is still very respectable when compared to the highest-end Android phones presently available.

omegathreshold

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the Windows OS is really raw still, and I like the potential. It reminds me of when I first tried Android when 2.1 was released and it wasn't quite ready for primetime at that point.

traditionally I like to have 32gb phones, however, with the recent advancement of streaming music options 80% of my phones content was hardly accessed, so i'm seeing how I can do with 8GB.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your replies, next week will be the deciding factor as to if I'm going to pull the trigger. I'm hoping that I can!

HadaDumbPhone

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Same exact situation i was in about a month ago. If buying new i would definitely wait. The nexus 5 would be definitely better and i wouldn't doubt same exact price or just a $50 bump in price. If buying used, if you can find a cheap price like i did for mine ($150) i would get the nexus 4.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Went to at&t this morning and switched everything from iPhone 5 to the nexus 4. So happy with my purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Went to at&t this morning and switched everything from iPhone 5 to the nexus 4. So happy with my purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That's great! I think you will really enjoy it. I loved the Nexus 4 and would still have it If I hadn't come down with "new phone fever". I had an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket so I picked up the S4, then switched to the ONE and I love the ONE but I could swap it for the N4 and never miss a step. You made a good decision and while their will be a new Nexus sometime later this year, I doubt other than LTE it will be much different.

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

OMG, i was having the same issues and now i just have 2g with wifi on and everything is perfect. was thinking of getting a phone with wifi calling but this just takes care of the problem