Thinking of leaving AT&T-contract questions

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been with AT&T for a while now and am considering moving on to another carrier. I could get any ETF fees paid by a new carrier with a deal but I'm concerned about the NEXT program. Everything I've found so far says that I have to pay off the remaining balance but I don't want to keep the phone if I leave. Can I just give it back to them? It doesn't make any sense to pay it off and then trade it in to another carrier. That's too expensive at this point.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe your only options are to pay off the phones or continue making your next payments. Your best bet, most likely, is to pay off the phones then sell them on a site like swappa.com.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I think with the movE to a new carrier they require you to give them the at&t phone you have. Then at&t charges you and then the new carrier gives you bill credits or a gift card for the etf plus the phone.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been with AT&T for a while now and am considering moving on to another carrier. I could get any ETF fees paid by a new carrier with a deal but I'm concerned about the NEXT program. Everything I've found so far says that I have to pay off the remaining balance but I don't want to keep the phone if I leave. Can I just give it back to them? It doesn't make any sense to pay it off and then trade it in to another carrier. That's too expensive at this point.
Some carriers are running promos that will pay off your Next plans. But they require you to port the phone number associated and to trade the phone in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrStrange