Thinking of Rooting

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of rooting my Evo with the latest OTA but i have many questions before i trust myself.

Q 1. My phone has been rebooting randomly and i wonder if this will effect the rooting process?

Q 2. Is it better to use unrevoked 3?

Q 3. If i use unrevoked can i then download rom manager and flash Cyanogen Mod 7?

Q 4. If i flash Cyanogen mod with rom manager will i have to erase anything?

Q 5. Is Cyanogen mod 7 stable enough?

Q 6. Do install the google apps after flashing Cyanogen mod?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
1. It shouldn't. You will be in the bootloader. 2. Depends who you ask. I used it without any issues. 3. Yes. 4. Rom manager will give ii the option to wipe make sure you check the box. You need to do a wipe when flashing a Rom. 5. Cm6 has a final build. Cm7 is still a work in progress. However it is stable. 6. Yes. It might even have the option to do the installs for you while you're flashing the Rom.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I was new to rooting until a month or two ago, I would choose the long (not sure what the industry term is) method instead of the unrevoked method. It is a good idea to know what you're doing and why you're doing it. Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy. And after you flash new roms or kernels you will have to set up your accounts all over again, but doesn't take all that long.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, for cm7 you have to flash Google apps. Not sure why you only mentioned cm7, but I would also check out miui, myn's 2.2, mikfroyo. Haven't tried mikfroyo myself but heard good things. On miui currently.

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
CM7 is what i want because of gingerbread and it looks like what android should have been instead of google's small updates.

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
i dont know much about command prompts because im barely 13 and the only thing i used to hack were the one click jailbreaks for my ipod and webos quick install for my old palm pre. Can you give me a few reasons why unrevoked is not a wise choice.

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I ROOTED with UNREVOKED. Thank you guys im gonna start another thread for some help so if you guys could go to it i would appreciate it. Im deleting this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos