thinking of selling nook

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had it for 5 days now and its alright. Its running cm7 with 1.1ghz oc. My epic 4g is faster and overall smoother and easier to use. I feel even given nooks 7" I actually prefer browsing on my epic 4g.

Anyone else have similar feelings? Why keep it if I can sell now for what I bought it for?

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to have a specific purpose for it, and then it can be used as a toy outside of that purpose as well.
For me it is going to be a 7" movie player / simple gaming device for my daughter on international flights. This was my first android device and I plan to pick up the Infuse when it becomes available. Though I'm sure its screen will be fantastic it won't be as nice as watching on a larger screen, and the battery life I'm sure won't be as high.
I still think that tablets as a whole are less usefull then smart phones or laptops, but they inhabit a middle area that is better for some scenarios.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
How are you going to play movies? I can't even load youtube. Don't you need to resize each movie fil to play correctly since it seems the GPU is lacking?

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How are you going to play movies? I can't even load youtube. Don't you need to resize each movie fil to play correctly since it seems the GPU is lacking?

Youtube won't work very well from 30,000 ft, and I'm not paying for wifi even if it is available on international flights. I am waiting for the graphics to get better in Froyo, Gingerbread, and Honycomb after DSP processing is available, but in the meantime on stock it will play simple profile 800x480. Sure I have to resize, but if I didn't I couldn't fit much on a 32gb microsdhc card anyway. Besides HandBrake does all of the work, it's pretty minimal effort.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I have no issues playing my movies on my NC. Mine is running 1.1.0 and is rooted. I encode the the moves as mp4s and use the stock movie player. Also, the Android YouTube apps works great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gsamsung