Thinking of trading Incredible for Droid

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know I'm crazy, but I cannot stand to not have a physical keyboard anymore. Since the HTC Merge is MIA (I've been waiting since Nov) and I don't like any of the other physical keyboard devices (D2/Pro), how bad an idea is it to trade/sell my Incredible for the original Droid? I realize it's a decent step backwards, but I don't need tons of speed really on the phone (I have a Galaxy Tab). I've seen it as low as $150 and that's easily worth it for me to use it as a stop gap phone till an LTE physical keyboard phone comes out thats worth putting money into. So basically my question is "How bad/good is the Droid these days?" Has it aged well and people have pushed it within range of some of the competition still if you don't have high expectations like I don't? Other than performance, is there anything it cannot do compared to the incredible (if it has 2.2 and I don't care about the camera)?

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it has aged remarkably well for technology. I have mine rooted and running at 1ghz (the same speed as most new phones). I even have a 2.3 rom at the moment.

My girlfriend has the Incredible (and won't let me root it) and there is nothing her phone does better than mine.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the OG Droid is an amazing phone, the modding community is HUGE!!! Like sploinkin said we have 2.3 ROMs and it hasn't even been released yet, except to the N1 and Ns...I've clocked a score on quadrant as high as my buddy has on his DX, it just depends on how much performance you want.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The OGD is a rather respectable Droid. I've been rocking the same one since day one, and have been running 2.3 ROMs just like those in this thread (currently giving P.E. v5 a run).
Albeit the keypad isn't the best I've used/seen... but if you decide to go OGD, you wont be sorry (especially in the battery department).;)