Thinking to get the new Galaxy watch but not sure about a few things

Noam AS

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

I'm considering the new Samsung watch but have a few questions before taking out 350$ on it .

1. Can I use it under water ? I know it's waterproof . I'm asking if it can
be operated under water or at least when it has water on the screen . I'm
using my current watch (Pebble) as shower all the time , mainly for
music control and for some replies .

2. I know that the TIZEN Echo system doesn't have much apps to offer as Wear OS . I'm wondering how bad it is ? I'm not using too much apps but still . I'm using an automation app with my Pebble (Taker like app) and find it very useful . I know there is no IFTTT/Tasker/Macrodroid native app for TIZEN but found some workaround using app called "Trigers" which should be fine . Any other options would be much appreciated.

3. I'm using Xioami Mi note 3 as my daily driver so I'm going to pair the watch with it . I know the watch works the best with Samsung device so I was wondering which functionality I might lose ? I need to be able to reply to messages (SMS\Whatsapp\Messanger) , answer calls and initiate SMS messages.

4. I purchased Watchmaker when I had Android wear watch . Will I have to purchase a separate version for the Samsung watch ?

5.You are welcomed to add any other points I didn't mention .

P.S - Apologize for any English mistakes . Not my native language :)

Thank you !

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I'm considering the new Samsung watch but have a few questions before taking out 350$ on it .

1. Can I use it under water ? I know it's waterproof . I'm asking if it can
be operated under water or at least when it has water on the screen . I'm
using my current watch (Pebble) as shower all the time , mainly for
music control and for some replies .

2. I know that the TIZEN Echo system doesn't have much apps to offer as Wear OS . I'm wondering how bad it is ? I'm not using too much apps but still . I'm using an automation app with my Pebble (Taker like app) and find it very useful . I know there is no IFTTT/Tasker/Macrodroid native app for TIZEN but found some workaround using app called "Trigers" which should be fine . Any other options would be much appreciated.

3. I'm using Xioami Mi note 3 as my daily driver so I'm going to pair the watch with it . I know the watch works the best with Samsung device so I was wondering which functionality I might lose ? I need to be able to reply to messages (SMS\Whatsapp\Messanger) , answer calls and initiate SMS messages.

4. I purchased Watchmaker when I had Android wear watch . Will I have to purchase a separate version for the Samsung watch ?

5.You are welcomed to add any other points I didn't mention .

P.S - Apologize for any English mistakes . Not my native language :)

Thank you !

1. I have an S3 and wear mine in the shower all the time and have even worn it in the pool.

2. I've never used wearOS, so I have no comparison. But a lot of people say Tizen is much better.

3. My guess is you will be fine.

4. I would guess yes, since it will be on a different watch/os.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about all your questions, but I can answer the first two.

1. It's advertised as being swim-ready, and I've dug into Samsung's marketing material and found that you can even take it into a chlorinated pool or into salt water (but you should wash it off in fresh water when you're done). I've taken my watch into the shower without any issue and plan to also go swimming with it at some point, though I haven't actually tried it in a pool yet. It has a workout mode for pools, so it would be a major fail if you couldn't swim with it.

2. Tizen's ecosystem is pretty bad. The OS itself is great, but there are exceedingly few apps on the store worth downloading. Now, I owned a Gear S2, Gear S3, and Galaxy Watch, so clearly this isn't a deal-breaker for me. Tizen has lots of great built-in functions for the watch. Just don't expect to extend that functionality much.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
You can swim with it. It has swim workout. Works well. Rinse with tap water after you take it in chlorinated water.

If you want specific apps. Don't buy this watch. If you want great fitness and notifications, then this is your watch.

If you can download galaxy watch app, you can use it. It has to be android, I don't know about MIUI

Yes, you will re purchase.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsun_Galacticus