This cant be right.... right? Blow it out your app!

Purple Phenom

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
So I had the galaxy s10+ which was purchased on Amazon. It had been acting really buggy. I recently "upraded" to the s22, which has been just as bad. I live in a major city, and find my GPS signal is constantly lost, as well as issues with lag and even mobile data speed. So today after a series of sanity checks I dove into my apps. I must have gone straight for the deep end because I've still not hit bottom. Right away I begin to see duplicate apps. They are nearly identical if not for the vestigial sibling sprouting out. Mostly, it's the date recently accessed displaying access at different times. The app permissions appear to be the same, so no issues there. However, the icons though relatively the same, one of them has a small icon attached to the bottom right of the icon. The addition is reminiscent of the secured folder icon. Anyhow I'll post screens, thanks for your time and thank you for reading. It's likely just another ID-10-T user error.

"I'm sorry, the crash caused too much damage. An overload... is inevitable at this point." -Bishop

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which apps are you talking about? A lot of system apps may appear as duplicates -- that's not unusual. Or if you're seeing a superimposed icon, that might mean it's a Dual Messenger feature: www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-d...l-messenger-feature-on-samsung-mobile-device/

Regarding the GPS issue, are you in the middle of downtown, surrounded by tall buildings? GPS still doesn't work very well in that situation -- I had problems navigating through downtown San Francisco with my old Pixel 3 XL (I haven't had to do that with my Pixel 6 Pro yet, but I would guess it's still a problem).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan