News This is the one tablet that puts the iPad to shame

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
almost makes me want to get a Tab S9U. the bride loves her S8+...uses it all the time. after 8 months of using my HP laptop as my productivity machine, I reverted to DeX on my S24U. couldn't be more pleased.

hubick

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I bought the Galaxy Tab S9+ 5G. I hate it. I didn't realize Google doesn't allow Chrome extensions on Android, so no adblockers. Much of the web is almost unusable without it. Sorry, Firefox is just laggy and slow. I'm replacing the whole thing with a PC tablet where I can run Linux and be in control.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Galaxy Tab S9+ 5G. I hate it. I didn't realize Google doesn't allow Chrome extensions on Android, so no adblockers. Much of the web is almost unusable without it. Sorry, Firefox is just laggy and slow. I'm replacing the whole thing with a PC tablet where I can run Linux and be in control.
Might work for some but you're sacrificing battery, conveniences and objectively other nice haves.

Samsung Internet is Chrome Based and has AdBlockers.

Vivaldi is probably the closest to a full fledged browser but is a bit bloated (not junk, just resource heavier features). Falls between Firefox and Chrome performance. Has ad and privacy blocking.

Cromite has built-in AdBlock but no syncing.

Firefox is slow. Try Fennec, Ice Raven or Mull, Firefox Forks aimed at performance and security.

Lastly, there are system-wide blockers;

Full AdGuard (full version from their site). Not free, either lifetime or yearly license and is arguably the most user-friendly and stable with support.

Free Alternatives that are functionally similiar: dns66 and Blokada.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I traded my Tab S7 in for the Tab S9. I traded an excellent device for another excellent device. I considered the S9+ and the Ultra, but both are too big for my needs.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Also, if you use the default Samsung Internet there is now an app for Windows so you can sync your bookmarks.
I was able to install it on my Dell Inspiron desktop running Win11, but ironically, I could not install it on my Samsung Galaxy Book2 360, also running Win11.

Also, I just checked, and it is no longer available in the Microsoft Store. There is a Samsung Internet add-on though, which is compatible with Chromium based browsers (i.e. Chrome, Edge, Opera, etc.)

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I was able to install it on my Dell Inspiron desktop running Win11, but ironically, I could not install it on my Samsung Galaxy Book2 360, also running Win11.

Also, I just checked, and it is no longer available in the Microsoft Store. There is a Samsung Internet add-on though, which is compatible with Chromium based browsers (i.e. Chrome, Edge, Opera, etc.)
I used the latter, not the former. However, I use Chrome and don't use the Microsoft store.

Reactions: mustang7757

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Bit late to the party with replying to this. I use kiwi browser, especially with Dex. Supports all my chrome and Edge extensions. Using extensions like sidebar bookmark and adblockers installed directly from the edge and chrome extensions website. If you haven't replaced your s9 plus yet, give this browser a try.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbdpks