this is the same stuff that goes on with all new releases

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this with the xoom release, people see it in the store for a few minutes or buy one and the first thing they complain about is the price in their justification for it not being good enough. Well if you can't afford the phone don't uy it. The pricing is no different then any other phone I have got, from the razor, to the storm, Droid, the x and now the bionic, every phone has been better then the previous, not always by alot but always enough to make a difference, if I wanted to wait for the biggest difference, I guess I could have stayed with the razor until the bionic came out. In short don't get it if you can't afford it, and don't get it if you are looking for a desktop computer, for what it is its great

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this with the xoom release, people see it in the store for a few minutes or buy one and the first thing they complain about is the price in their justification for it not being good enough. Well if you can't afford the phone don't uy it. The pricing is no different then any other phone I have got, from the razor, to the storm, Droid, the x and now the bionic, every phone has been better then the previous, not always by alot but always enough to make a difference, if I wanted to wait for the biggest difference, I guess I could have stayed with the razor until the bionic came out. In short don't get it if you can't afford it, and don't get it if you are looking for a desktop computer, for what it is its great

No matter what device ever comes out, there will be problems, it's technology. My laptop is amazing, I love it, but it has problems with the battery software and running like 93 programs right after restarting (most of which are just programs to keep everything in check...and it still runs great, only using 3% of the CPU, but half of the RAM. And I can always upgrade), and also when I play Team Fortress 2 for a while, sometimes it just shuts right off with no blue screen, nothing. And I look at the temperature log and it was just fine. Something in the software just locks up.
But the phone is no different, every early adopter is going to have problems. The XOOM had a bunch of missing features when it came out! But it was still a great device. My friend has a Droid X and it had tons of problems when it first came out, and look at it now. He hasn't complained about anything other than (rooted) wireless tethering not working all the time since he upgraded to Gingerbread. When we see the ICS upgrade and some bug fixes from Motorola, I bet a lot of those people that returned the phone will feel a bit regretful, as this phone will still be flying 2 years into the contract. Maybe they'll like the screen better on the Vigor or Prime, but they'll be complaining like crazy that the battery life sucks and their Bionic had better. And those people will continue to complain and complain about every little imperfection and they'll buy an iPhone and they'll hate it.

JOEKC

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It's the same every time, but my sense is the Bionic has fewer initial issues than some other Moto releases. I had the very first Droid and a major bug in the camera software slipped by and rendered the camera unusable for weeks until a software update fixed it. We early adopters really suffered on that one. And I still don't have the 4G upgrade I was promised for my Xoom, but it doesn't matter yet since my area won't even have 4G until November. I am very happy with my Bionic (Costco deal). I've tried really hard to see a problem with the screen, but it looks great to me.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
am very happy with my bionic, its better then my X and and 100 times better then my storm 1 and storm 2 (which I have in my desk drawer)

with a quadrant score of 2400 its even faster them my xoom

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Remember when the OG DROID came out? Display trumping the iPhone? Pure like android. Kick but google apps? Some times, once in awhile, it is worth shattering the pig. :cool:

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
As someone who suffered through the Thunderbolt release problems I can say that owning a three day old Bionic is a walk in the park. There's not a single show stopping issue that would keep me from recommending this phone to anyone.

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I figure a stable Root and recovery are around the corner, for those so inclined. Plus, there will probably be an OTA within a month that will take care of some issues and probably tweak batt life a little, too.

Coming from an Eris this phone is a joy ... even the screen. I can see, though, how those coming from a relatively recent phone may be disappointed in the screen.