This Or Galaxy Nexus?????

HAXSO21

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
AHHH which phone should i get? i dont like touchwiz and love stock android 4.0... but the hardware is so much better on gs3 but i like the way the gnex looks better.... i was also thinking about just rooting the gs3, but its still not a nexus.. this is so hard. please help haha

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
1. You will be happy with either.
2. You said root, so you want Nexus.
3. My answer may be biased.
4. Hardware (as in specs), at this point, kind of doesn't matter... nothing takes advantage of it... <flamesuit on>

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Nexus. Stock ICS is beautiful. Touchwiz is a horrible excuse of a skin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
never had a touch wiz device, but I seriously doubt that it can hang with vanilla ICS. Gnex all the way

Strommer

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I would be all over the S3.
I really, Really like stock ICS, but the S3 just has too many hardware advantages to overlook. I might just get one anyway-I'm sure someone will find a way to put different roms on it before long. I don't want siri bogging down my phone anyway.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the VZW GNex for almost a month. Liked the phone for the most part but the camera ended up being a deal breaker (I have a kid). So I have the 4S now but I am going to be picking up a SGS III next month. I would say go with the SGS III as Sammy is good about releasing source code and all and SGS III users should have great dev support. If rooting/rom'ing is the most important thing in a phone, go GNex but if you want the rooting/rom'ing but place more importance on other aspects of the phone, SGS III would be the way to go.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually I'm bias for both phones.I don't think you could go wrong with either.No one could pry the Galaxy Nexus out of my hands.
On the other hand I had an update coming and the SGSIII well it just happens to be a good upgrade for my incredible.It captures my interest to let it pass by .
Get them both :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
SGS3 does look sweet but the GNEX is also a sweet device. While the GNEX might not have the high end specs as the SGS3 it is still smooth as butter so I have no complaints about it.

Don't really know what more power would do as the daily experience with the GNEX is superb. Still the SGS3 is a beast though. Larger screen, larger stock battery and still thinner then the GNEX and while TW is not for everyone the SGS3 still has some pretty cool software enhancements.

Some people think that the SGS3 not having on screen buttons is a bad thing, I personally think having the extra screen real estate and going with physical buttons is the better move. There was definitely enough room on the bottom of the GNEX to do this but instead you lose part of your screen due to buttons. Sure it looks slick and cool but at the sacrifice of part of your screen that can add to your experience. Sure you can remove them and go with a program like LMT or button savior but it is not as easy to use as when the buttons are actually there without an extra step to get to.

uscsailor

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I personally will be buying the Nexus on Friday due to the large size of the S3 and the AWFUL update history behind Samsung. Was going to get a S3 , but looked up the current state of the Fascinate and Droid Charge, and decided I would be best suited with a Nexus

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca