This question is for Rom flashing expert

kungros

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, i am coming from galaxy nexus Verizon now own gnote. I had fun using nexus with numbers of great Rom to choose from, i think the Verizon divices got more dev support what do you think?. The gnote has been out a couple of months now but so far only 4 Rom and the best one is saurom Rom which still base on gingerbread, 3 Rom are base of leaks ics and none of those are stable. I tried out all of the ics rom for my gnote and each have issues with fc/lag/fast at first then slower after a couple of day using it. Does this mean att devices devs are not as smart as Verizon devices?.
Now i am using stock Rom with just root access. Its better i thinks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not completely sure about the note but I suspect it will be similar to other Galaxy S phones on ATT.

Most roms are based on the official rom from the carrier(or at least they were for my captivate). So any rom that is based on a leaked or unofficial will generally be more buggy. You have to give the custom rom makers time to clean up what ATT hasn't, or wait for a good official rom for them too cook there custom ROMS off of.

The reason the galaxy nexas got the attention it did from the custom community was probably because it was a essentially a GED device instead of a carrier bloated phone. That isn't to say the NOTE won't get some good custom roms. It will just take a while.I am very excited to see what DesignGears cooks up once they get started.

kungros

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100% there. Currently ics official Rom hasn't been released. That explain why saurom Rom is stable than other that was base of ics leak.
I can't wait for this super gnote get official ics and only then will devs be able to cook up some really neat Rom for it.
Thanks for share your opinion. Anyone else have anymore input on this.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100% there. Currently ics official Rom hasn't been released. That explain why saurom Rom is stable than other that was base of ics leak.
I can't wait for this super gnote get official ics and only then will devs be able to cook up some really neat Rom for it.
Thanks for share your opinion. Anyone else have anymore input on this.

Another factor is the historical pattern of devs; they follow the "it" devices (for better or for worse), and for a brief glimmer of time that was the GNex. Further, as stated above, this is a device with little to no carrier bloat and pure ICS (not to mention, it "debuted" ICS) to the masses. I don't think GNex development will slow down any time soon, but as more devices get their carrier-sanctioned version, development those devices (like the Note) will only increase.

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, i am coming from galaxy nexus Verizon now own gnote. I had fun using nexus with numbers of great Rom to choose from, i think the Verizon divices got more dev support what do you think?. The gnote has been out a couple of months now but so far only 4 Rom and the best one is saurom Rom which still base on gingerbread, 3 Rom are base of leaks ics and none of those are stable. I tried out all of the ics rom for my gnote and each have issues with fc/lag/fast at first then slower after a couple of day using it. Does this mean att devices devs are not as smart as Verizon devices?.
Now i am using stock Rom with just root access. Its better i thinks.

I came from the OG Evo and ROM's were plentiful. However, the GNote is starting to get some traction, in terms of development. The best custom ROM is always a debate. And without an ICS official release for the GNote, ICS ROM's are hit and miss. But don't write off GB based ROM's...there are some good ones for the GNote. Besides Saurom, I use The Collective- Unofficial v1.5 Emily ROM...which was just updated last night. It is very smooth, fast, and has some great integrated tools which makes the GNote scream.

kungros

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just flash noteworthy Rom v2, very smooth. I will keep this Rom for a while, so far there's still some fc here and there. However it still a work in progress i think. Hopefully the next release be better. FC is my only problem though everything else seems to be running fine.