thought i was smart, tried helping someone, uhh...yeah

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so here's the scoop. I'm a total whiz on rooting Samsung devices. Chic asked me to helpher with a thunderbolt she bought from craigslist. Turns out it doesn't have the radio file on it so won't connect and since it's rooted Verizon can't do anything. Props because they did try for a few hours. Anyway..I did some research and downloaded a radio..guessing it wasn't the correct one because it did some s-on security warning thing. I messed with this thing and messed with this thing and have NO CLUE how i finally removed the security warning. Tried the ruu things and they would shut the phone down. Anyway, got past that crap. On the pg05img.zip update it FINALLY moves past the older version garbage and allows me to start the update. So i thought! The phone powers off at the splash screen part of the update every single time. Went to htcdev to try to unlock bootloader. Let's me get all the way to the end but won't power down and reboot once i select yes. I've tried the adb as far as my knowledge allows for..dude..i started learning root on the nexus s4g and have since moved on to the galaxy nexus..hands me a Samsung and I'll have it unlocked, rooted with custom recovery, and flashed in blink of an eye. I'm at a total loss when it comes to this htc thunderbolt pile of electronic headache! Props to you thunderbolt devs! You guys are geniuses! Anyway.. I now have security warning gone with s-off still enabled. Can't unlock bootloader. Ruu says can't access device in windows. This phone didn't come with a memory card so i wiped one of my other Samsung cards to install files on. Recovery has the red triangle. I REFUSE to get beat by a phone and am not a noob to root, just HTC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have scoured all forums and it seems there is always one tiny part that doesn't apply to my situation. Thanks in advance.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the phone itself may have a problem. I imagine you have also posted this in the TBolt Rooting, ROMs and Hacks part of this Forum? That's where the real Lords of Hacking reside. Mostly just us "happy with stock OS" minions here at the bottom of the pile.

Reactions: jedininjafication

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have never posted in a forum before so kinda just went to this one. I'm usually acsyndicate have never had to ask for help before. Didn't realize posted in wrong spot. I do know phone at least bored and stuff when she got it, it used to be rooted with revolution i believe..? These htc phones don't make it easy do they?