thoughts on owning moto X months after purchase

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well just as the title implies, what are your thoughts reactions and feedback for owning a Moto X months after you purchased it? For me, even after having owned many many Android devices kit Katt is such a light fast software advance based operating system I love it. For once, there's almost no need to root and yes believe me I know what the point of really is but with that small little modification for battery percentage and meet her I love that white theme of kit Katsoftware. Just wanted to get everyone elses reactions and thoughts and feedback thanks for responding

Posted via Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The oneplus one tempted me, but the announce and then wait was a horrible mistake for them. I'm already over it just by continuing to use my Moto X. Honestly, you wanted feedback and reactions to the Moto X. I'm just going to be a broken record. I've had mine since day one on Verizon, late August. I absolutely love the crap out of it. It has so many unique features like driving mode and active display (in particular, the screen activate with movement/pocket removal) just to name a few. People also forget as these other phones (and media coverage) keeps pushing the spec war forever onwards that Motorola ended the bs with this phone. It does not have a latest and greatest but it works soooo damn well. So why do I need to upgrade when nothing is lagging or slow right now on the Moto X?

Need I go on? OK. We are on the newest android version and have been since kitkat was brand spankin new. The core software apps have been off loaded into the store for easy updates individually so there's no need for bug fix maintenance releases to the entire firmware. The phone feels great in the hand and is a respectable size in a new age of giant devices. Battery life is stellar on a smaller than average battery. It is all of the good about Android and very little of any problems. Far and away the best phone I've ever owned and I'm not looking to upgrade.

-Slim Nexus 10-

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The oneplus one tempted me, but the announce and then wait was a horrible mistake for them. I'm already over it just by continuing to use my Moto X. Honestly, you wanted feedback and reactions to the Moto X. I'm just going to be a broken record. I've had mine since day one on Verizon, late August. I absolutely love the crap out of it. It has so many unique features like driving mode and active display (in particular, the screen activate with movement/pocket removal) just to name a few. People also forget as these other phones (and media coverage) keeps pushing the spec war forever onwards that Motorola ended the bs with this phone. It does not have a latest and greatest but it works soooo damn well. So why do I need to upgrade when nothing is lagging or slow right now on the Moto X?

Need I go on? OK. We are on the newest android version and have been since kitkat was brand spankin new. The core software apps have been off loaded into the store for easy updates individually so there's no need for bug fix maintenance releases to the entire firmware. The phone feels great in the hand and is a respectable size in a new age of giant devices. Battery life is stellar on a smaller than average battery. It is all of the good about Android and very little of any problems. Far and away the best phone I've ever owned and I'm not looking to upgrade.

-Slim Nexus 10-

You know on all of your points, I completely agree with every single one of them. For example, the screen size is 4.7 inches but it's such an edge to edge scream that I even on still my favorite SwiftKey keyboard in favor of Swype because one hand in this phone verses 2 hand typing method works so much better I can't get over how smooth, fluids, fast, consistently the window / screen animations are I mean it's butter .. yes you're absolutely right, with the Moto X plus 1 they say it has a Snapdragon 800 CPU 2.3 gigahertz quad core, am i complaining about the s4 pro CPU in the Moto X? Hell no! It never lags, its always smooth as hell interestingly enough, my friend who has a 32 gig Verizon Galaxy s3, is wanting to root his phone for kit Kat because unfortunately by default the s3 will never have that software and again we've got the core Google applications and which is awesome awesome awesome.. You're right, the smartphone war beginning with Samsung followed by htc, has been a spec war and if you've seen the YouTube videos like I've seen online, TouchWiz on the s5 makes it lag vs the Moto X which of course doesn't have the same processing power beats it out in basic application runtime: test... Just like everyone else on the forums for the X, I love the quick to flick of the wrist gesture for activated camera I remember the days of the original Droid one where they're at the hardware button, then manufacturers are like it cost too much money we will have a lock screen shortcut which was annoying because you still have to unlock a phone here you don't have to unlock the phone you just activate it sorry for my rent as well but that's why I created this thread..

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. I'm a phone junkie. Always looking for the next best best thing with whatever crazy specs they come out with. Always reading every review possible on every phone. The Moto X has completely satisfied me. All I care about now is when the X+1 is coming out. I am now an official Motorola fanboy. I tell everyone about my Moto X. I honestly didn't expect it to be this great. I hope they keep it up.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X is perfect for me. Only thing is, perhaps a 5" screen ? I would not want it any larger than that though.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Had mine since Thanksgiving and still loving it. I'm usually chasing the next best phone by now, but the X has me hooked. Love the basically stock android and the active display. 4.7 for my personal taste is the ideal screen size especially with the Moto X lack of bezels. Only complaint is the camera, it's so inconsistent, hope they improve it in the next version

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Had mine since Thanksgiving and still loving it. I'm usually chasing the next best phone by now, but the X has me hooked. Love the basically stock android and the active display. 4.7 for my personal taste is the ideal screen size especially with the Moto X lack of bezels. Only complaint is the camera, it's so inconsistent, hope they improve it in the next version

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

You know I must agree with you as well... I was looking at the X plus 1 but I love every single spec about the current X in my previous post.... I just love how fast moves from core system apps to after market apps it never fails.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the Moto X since Sept 11,2013. It was the 16gb model since that was the only one vzw had at that time. I am still happy with it.As far as the camera it works ok for my needs.I have tried 3rd party camera apps but currently am using the stock camera app.
I don't have any complaints . This is the first android phone I haven't rooted , since I begun using android phones.I begun using android phones in 2009 by the way :)

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Every once and awhile feel the tug of getting something new.
Think about 1020's 42M pixel camera offering.
After hemming and hawing for a bit change providers instead for some minor cost savings.
My point: X has kept me satisfied, no small feat.
Quite content with updates; keeps me guessing.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

-Slim Nexus 10-

Your comment was the one that tipped the scale for me to go with the Moto X.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Every once and awhile feel the tug of getting something new.
Think about 1020's 42M pixel camera offering.
After hemming and hawing for a bit change providers instead for some minor cost savings.
My point: X has kept me satisfied, no small feat.
Quite content with updates; keeps me guessing.

I like you, always was after the phone with the highest specs on it such as that Nokia Lumia phone from at T even though I don't have AT&T with the 40 megapixel camera Tom.. reiterate your point, Android phone that I have owned in the past I've liked but has eventually been rooted this is the first phone for example with KitKat and baked into the source code of kit Kat what is the battery percentage never seen before you just need a small little app to bring it out then you could delete the app that was a game changer for me in all honesty.. Now, the main reason why people / enthusiasts wanted to root your devices was for the battery percentage which is a part of theming... Now granted there are other ways to sim on Android device don't get me wrong, but as far as the quickness of the operating system I'm not seem too much of a difference some people don't like the way the 4G LTE symbol is fine I don't really care the one thing I have noticed on the very top of the status bar when you are looking at the 4G symbol you do not see the data arrows moving back and forth at least not on my phone it out it isn't until you pulled down the status bar in the quick toggle settings screen that you see the data arrows moving back and forth... I just think that's a very clean and simple look... What's also interesting is my friend Nick who still has his 32 giggalaxy s3 from Verizon... Is now getting jealous because unfortunately he doesn't have enough money to get on the phone and he is probably going to root it on a kit kat rom very very soon...

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The X is the first phone I have ever owned that has me wondering why people (including me) care so much about specs. Screen specs, processor specs, battery specs...... The X proves its all a bunch of marketing mumbo jumbo. I've had a smartphone since the early Palm Treo days. This is is my first satisfied phone moment.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

Wlctttrue

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have only been using android since January. But I really like this phone and I know unless something major happens to it, I will be hanging on to it for two years.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The X is the first phone I have ever owned that has me wondering why people (including me) care so much about specs. Screen specs, processor specs, battery specs...... The X proves its all a bunch of marketing mumbo jumbo. I've had a smartphone since the early Palm Treo days. This is is my first satisfied phone moment.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

You know once again, I do agree with you! The Moto X the first Android phone that makes its mark on society with the non spec'ed race.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I love everything about this device, but I can't get over the fact it lacks qi charging, which would be useful to use with a qi charging car mount. Otherwise, I don't think I can use anything else but Moto X from now due to its practical features. If a manufacturer can come up with a device with features that make me feel it's more useful and that I need those features more, that's the only way I would drop the Moto X line for it.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I think it's the best smartphone I've owned so far. Light, speedy, great battery life, awesome customization (I have the ebony wood back). Although I rarely take photos with my phone, I do wish it had a nicer camera for the few times I do use it. Otherwise, it's an awesome phone.

I'm looking forward to the next Moto X

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
i really like it. I use the camera twisty thing all the time and would be pretty bummed if i had to get a phone that didn't have it
still love my active notifications
still love the size
also appreciate the updates via playstore
am surprised i haven't had many lag issues, i've heard that word associated with android since android came out, and yet... phew.

i eagerly eagerly await even more functions for the touchless control side of things.

so good stuff, still like it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think between the form factor, and the Active Notifications with Always listening, this phone is the one that OEM should look at when it comes to design. It is easy to hold in one hand, software is properly optimized, so it can give even the S5 a run for its money. Hands down one of the best phones I ever had.

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae