Thoughts on the Note 2014 Edition

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm disappointed with the quality of apps that utilizes the s - pen. I'm not a fan of s-note. There are some decent handwriting apps on the play store but none that wow me. It seems that developers spend more time on Apple apps the andriod apps.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, the effort is wasted on iPad trying to create handwriting apps... Utterly waste without a wacom digitizer...

Posted via Android Central App

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Its not only the S-pen apps, most apps on Play store are for itty-bitty screen phones, notice it never says "for tablets", only that its "compatible with your device".... Not many apps exploit all the really positive display or the processor power of a full blown tablet... I have been very disappointed in many apps..... I have installed and uninstalled a lot more than I have kept...

Dale

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I think the real challenge isn't "apps for tablets" its "apps for a tablet with a 2500*1600 display. You can hardly fault app developers for that though.. Thwrebare two tablets in the android ecosystem that run at that rez...where the standard seems to be 19*12 and the god awful 12*800. Would help if Google gave a damn about it a own 2500*1600 tablet...but even they treat the nexus 10 like a second hand citizen

Posted via Android Central App

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The whole android apps vs. Ios apps has become a stale cliche and fanboy stereotype. I feel i'm a pretty sophisticated tablet owner beginning with the ipad 1, 2x ipad2, ipad 3, both nexus 7s, 2x samsung note 8, samsung note 10 2014, 2x lg gpad, oh i forgot, both genrrations of ipad minis, AND ALL THE MANY APPS I USE NOW ON MY STRICTLY ANDROID TABLETS ARE AS GOOD AS OR BETTER THAN THE IOS VERSIONS.

Lee Paterson

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Using it as a handwriting text entry device for a windows machine?

Can this be done?
my wife likes the idea of a handwriting text entry system - the Galaxy note does an awesome job of transcribing her scrawl swiftly - but her "work" is done on her laptop.

my iphone can use splashtop touch pad to enter text onto my pc over the wireless network, but it only uses the splashtop crap keyboard...

sounds like a cool concept - replacing a wacom bamboo as a proper text entry device

sirtaugs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Using it as a handwriting text entry device for a windows machine?

Can this be done?
my wife likes the idea of a handwriting text entry system - the Galaxy note does an awesome job of transcribing her scrawl swiftly - but her "work" is done on her laptop.

my iphone can use splashtop touch pad to enter text onto my pc over the wireless network, but it only uses the splashtop crap keyboard...

sounds like a cool concept - replacing a wacom bamboo as a proper text entry device

To bad splashtop is shutting down the end of June. Got an email this morning. This really sucks. I love playing my pc games on my tablet.

Sent from my SM-P600

scarmona

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Using it as a handwriting text entry device for a windows machine?

To bad splashtop is shutting down the end of June. Got an email this morning. This really sucks. I love playing my pc games on my tablet.

Sent from my SM-P600

Can you post the source text of this?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk