Three questions for you EVO 3D gurus

speedtouch

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Why does my 3D take so long to Restart, yet when I Shutdown and start back up, it's very fast? (I accessed those commands by holding down the Power button: Shutdown, Restart.)

Does copy and paste only work once? I use LastPass a lot and when I copy a password it looks like I can only paste it once. Once it's pasted I have to go back to LastPass and copy again before I can paste again.

Also, is there a timer limit on how long Android will remember a copied text? It seems that at least a few times a day I have copied something, moved to another app, and tried to paste it, but there's no option to paste when I tap & hold on a text input field. Why does Android forget my copied data so quickly?

p.mills

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
1. check settings>power>fast boot -- if enabled, probably accounts for the quick turn off, turn on; where as the restart may do a full shutdown/boot

2 & 3. When testing I was able to copy/paste a string to multiple locations (message, browser url, and g+ stream) and still have that string available several hours later... my guess is that how long your copy/paste data is retained depends on a. how big your copied string is and b. how much memory other applications need in between your usage.

if your data has been sitting there for a while, and you start running other apps that need access to that space, the os may recognize that it hasn't had your attention for a while and free it up.

Note: this is all my speculation based on observations and inference, I don't have any technical knowledge that would confirm this.

Last edited:
Reactions: speedtouch

speedtouch

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
1. check settings>power>fast boot -- if enabled, probably accounts for the quick turn off, turn on; where as the restart may do a full shutdown/boot

2 & 3. When testing I was able to copy/paste a string to multiple locations (message, browser url, and g+ stream) and still have that string available several hours later... my guess is that how long your copy/paste data is retained depends on a. how big your copied string is and b. how much memory other applications need in between your usage.

if your data has been sitting there for a while, and you start running other apps that need access to that space, the os may recognize that it hasn't had your attention for a while and free it up.

Note: this is all my speculation based on observations and inference, I don't have any technical knowledge that would confirm this.

Looks like you're right on regarding Fast Boot. That's probably why it boots so fast from a shutdown.

Hmm, so you were able to copy and paste to multiple locations. I've never been able to do that with LastPass. But you know, maybe that's something LastPass coded into itself when I copy. Maybe it's limited me to one Paste...after all, I am pasting a password and we wouldn't want it to remain in memory forever.

I do wonder if the OS frees up the clipboard after some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwh212