Thunder Bolt vs. X

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If I am not in an lte area (rochester, ny) and I have a dx already is this phone really worth me getting it now? I am a tech gadget freak.... I might have to either way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think its still worth it. Its still a big upgrade over anything on the market, and utilizes 3g as well as 4g in case you travel. As long as data plans dont get wacky, go for it.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I think its still worth it. Its still a big upgrade over anything on the market, and utilizes 3g as well as 4g in case you travel. As long as data plans dont get wacky, go for it.

It's an upgrade, but it isn't groundbreaking no matter how you stretch it. More RAM, more storage, same camera, (even IF it's improved) same 4.3" screen, no HDMI out, LTE finally while I and the other carriers have had 4G for a year, same sucky battery life, same front facing camera, so nope, nothing special really. Just being honest, even though I'm buying one. Just a little bit of "more", with nothing "new". It's literally an upgraded Evo, which WAS groundbreaking.

Last edited:

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's an upgrade, but it isn't groundbreaking no matter how you stretch it. More RAM, more storage, same camera, (even IF it's improved) same 4.3" screen, no HDMI out, LTE finally while I and the other carriers have had 4G for a year, same sucky battery life, same front facing camera, so nope, nothing special really. Just being honest, even though I'm buying one. Just a little bit of "more", with nothing "new". It's literally an upgraded Evo, which WAS groundbreaking.

No, it's only 4G in name.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Technically, all 4G's are 4G in name. Which begs the question Ozzy has raised: "how many bloody g's are there?"

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Jbomb11, check out the link in my signature. There's a spreadsheet there comparing the Droid X to the ThunderBolt (as well as Verizon's other LTE phones). That will give you a good idea of the differences in specs.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Data and voice at the same time over 3G is a selling point for those without LTE in their area.
It's faster, screen to screen, app to app.
And it comes loaded out of the box w/ 40GB storage.

And if you're a tech geek...you've already answered the question. :)

kschmidt

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Droid X FFC?

"same front facing camera"? The Droid X doesn't have one, does it? I know a lot of people don't care about it, but its actually something I'm looking forward to when I travel without my family.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
"same front facing camera"? The Droid X doesn't have one, does it? I know a lot of people don't care about it, but its actually something I'm looking forward to when I travel without my family.

He was comparing it with EVO. But the point is EVO was not a VZW phone. Not all of us are switching from a different carrier

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the X (gave it to friend who really needed a phone right now. Currently using a lg enV) and I can say this: To me it is an upgrade. I say go for the Thunderbolt.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

The Evo has had one for a year. But, I guess it might be a groundbreaking upgrade for Verizon. It is handy and you will use it if you typically video-chat with people. If Skype isn't out with video yet, download Yahoo! Messenger, and the video plug-in and it works fine.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The driver wins the race...if your gun is bad, but you aren't the pro, the pro will get through the course faster hitting more targets. You know? It's relative, and to try and make a point about what phone is best, is just a pointless point, cause some people don't really care ;)

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The driver wins the race...if your gun is bad, but you aren't the pro, the pro will get through the course faster hitting more targets. You know? It's relative, and to try and make a point about what phone is best, is just a pointless point, cause some people don't really care ;)

Weird, I pressed 1 for English...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue