Thunderbolt-Can't Setup Comcast Business Exchange Email

forensicpe

New member
Sep 10, 2011
1
0
0
Visit site
I'm new to this forum---just plain frustrated. If anyone has an answer to my issue it will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to move from a POP3 account to an exchange server account provided with Comcast Business account. Strangely enough, after 2 hours on the phone between tech support from Verizon and Comcast I was not able to resolve the problem.
On my TB, I enter my email client and select "Add an Account." It produces a screen " Choose a mail provider." After selecting "Microsoft Exchange Activesync," the next screen is "setup Exchange ActiveSync account" with blank fields for email address and password. After completing the data entry for these 2 fields (e.g. email = sam+forensics.comcastbiz.net, and the proper password) it does not matter whether I select "next" for auto setup or "manual," the next window is the same. That next window has 5 fields for data and the SSL encryption option box. The first data field is auto-completed with correct email address (i.e . sam+forensics.comcastbiz.net) The + is actually the @ symbol but the forum rules apparently block posting threads containing emails???The second data field is "Server address" and is also auto completed as "forensics.comcastbiz.net. " The third data field is "Domain" and is ghosted "Exchange domain name" that disappears with entry of any character within the field. The forth data field is "Username and auto completed with"sam." The fifth data field is auto completed with the password. The SSL encryption is checked automatically and the problems I describe below are not dependent upon it being checked or blank.

Here is my problem: for the "Domain" field my Comcast Business account management page identifies my registered domain name as "forensics.comcastbiz.net." However, entering that data into field and the "next" tab results in "authentication failed--check user name and password." The username and password were auto completed so I know it is not a data entry error on my part. Would the domain name and server address be the same?

Ideas anyone?
 

silveradotel

New member
Mar 3, 2011
1
0
0
Visit site
I don't know if you've solved the issue or not, but i ran into the same thing on my Incredible when i upgraded to 2.3.4 just a few hours ago.

What I did was duplicate what I had set up on my iPad. When i set it up there, it auto detected my Comcast Business Exchange, it filled in the info where i could see it under the account info. What was catching me up was not putting anything in the "domain" option, and using "mail.hmc1.comcast.net" for the server (without quotes, of course). Also, use your full email address in the "username" box.

After duplicating the iPad settings, everything worked perfectly. It took me almost 2 hours to come to the conclusion, and i felt a little silly for not checking it earlier.

Let me know if it works!
 

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
943,011
Messages
6,916,882
Members
3,158,773
Latest member
Chelsea rae