Thunderbolt Pre Announcement Waiting Room & Availability Thread.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Edit: 2/24/2010 Note from Admin: This thread is now the result of 2 former threads merged together: "Feb. 24 Thunderbolt launch date confirmed" and the "VZW Availability/Pricing/Ordering Discussion." For more information see this post.

I've been keeping up with you guys for about 3 weeks now on this phone sinc you're always super early on new info. I made an account just to relay some news!

My local Verizon Wireless store said tonight, 1/22/11, that the HTC Thunderbolt was going on sale Feb. 11th; one day after the iPhone for Verizon! The staff (all 5 of the people working who have never mislead my in the past 4 years) said that just this morning they had a meeting in which they received this information! A new excitement is inside me once again :D

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i really hope this is finally the release date. after all that has been said. a nice lil gift for me an the wifefor valentines day. i can get my bolt, an she can finally stop embarrassing me with her ancient lg envy.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I changed the title of this thread to avoid misleading people. Historically, Verizon store employees are no more informed about release dates than us customers. Confirmation is when Verizon makes an official announcement via a press release.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I changed the title of this thread to avoid misleading people. Historically, Verizon store employees are no more informed about release dates than us customers. Confirmation is when Verizon makes an official announcement via a press release.

Fair enough. Just from my personal experience though, in four years they have never mislead me, so I can be almost completely sure that this will be accurate.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
tho it seems the verizon employees havent lied to me about the info they gave me.....its true. verizon hasnt confirmed so its not official. but i get your drift tbolt2011. but where is the pre order.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
and honestly, the day after the iFail? Sounds like a terrible marketing move.

unless they are hoping to get iPhone buyers in the store and have them see the T-Bolt instead

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
the average iphone customer doesnt really know that much about tech lol. they will buy iphone4 thinking its a 4g phone.. verizon doest have a
problem getting people locked into 2 year contracts an making easy money

i will be there day 1 for the bolt an lte

Reactions: angiebugg

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
and honestly, the day after the iFail? Sounds like a terrible marketing move.

unless they are hoping to get iPhone buyers in the store and have them see the T-Bolt instead

I went in to ask about the iPhone not too long ago, and the helpful lady essentially told me that it was trash compared to the Thunderbolt and future Android phones. She also mentioned that a new iPhone should be launching in June so she wanted me to know that her comments were subject to change :)

But yeah, anyways she said right up front, "Do you LOVE your iPod? Like enough to just make it a phone? If so, go for the iPhone, but if not you would be better off with the Thunderbolt coming out sometime in the next month or so." And then she described what it was, blah blah, and I was sold on it within the next 10 minutes.

To make my point about the quoted post, I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL if that is their marketing ploy. Either that or it will be the other way around, and they'll try to sell iPhones to everyone who comes in for something else.

Just my opinion.

riksin808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
the average iphone customer doesnt really know that much about tech lol. they will buy iphone4 thinking its a 4g phone.. verizon doest have a
problem getting people locked into 2 year contracts an making easy money

i will be there day 1 for the bolt an lte

i agree completely, i got alot of friends that are apple fan boy's, i used to try teach them what the real difference was but, you could never be rational with them. So i gave up on them and let them live their life. lol
but i too will get the Tbolt of day 1
i been living with a lame flip phone ( i know :'( ) and being the techie i am, i suffered alot
so glad to be getting out of at&t and moving on to verizon, the HTC thunderbolt would be my first smart phone ( im paying for my own plan now been living under my parents these past years) cheee hee im so excited.
been reading alot on every single phone out there really, and i was debating to get the bionic or the tbolt.

i just hope i wont be disappointed with the Tbolt not that i'm expecting to be.
im gonna go with the 1 year plan as well im willing to pay $319 ;)

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yea i tried to explain its the same phone that came out about 6 months ago which is a decade in the tech world. an they would be better off waiting for iphone 5 if they really wanted a new iphone. i even had a friend that was sooo excited it was coming to verizon tho she is already on verizon an doesnt even plan on getting the phone. i was like this phone isnt magical. tho fan boys seem to think so.

iv had my iphone3g a lil over 2 years, its been jailbroke for the longest an thats still super boring. since nov iv been waiting for this moment

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually know two friends who are taking early termination fees on their AT&T iPhone contracts to come get "Verizon's 4G LTE" iPhone. I explained to them that first of all 4G LTE isn't where they live yet, and secondly even if it WAS, the iPhone 4's dying technology (at this point) can't handle, or isn't going to, 4G LTE or even 4G.

To which they were dumbfounded and essentially told me I was wrong. *sigh*

IT'S THEIR MONEY; THEY PAID FOR IT.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
lmao. its really sad but perfect timing/marketing by apple with the 4 an 4g craze. i mean att is way behind on the hspa+ upgrading an 4g roll out. an its most likely still goin to be slow.

i was on the fence, i love this phone since it leaked last year. but wasnt sure if 4g would come where i live in nc. they announced charrollotte an thats it. so i was shopping the nexus s or mt4g on tmo, we have great hspa+ here. then all of nc was announced for first half lte including here an every where i visit.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janvi212