Thunderbolt tv-out

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know the best way to play videos from the Thunderbolt on a non-DLNA tv? Do you think this cable would work? HTC Droid Incredible TV-Out Cable is Now Available

It's been said that the Thunderbolt does not offer a TV out. Just DLNA support.

The only possible option (and I don't even know if it's possible or not) is rooting the device and running a custom ROM.

I'm guessing that the hardware just isn't capable of supporting it though, otherwise it would be an option out of the box.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
PS3 and xBox360 consoles are DLNA capable when connected to the same home network, otherwise you can pick up the HTC DLNA box thingy to solve your phone to TV needs.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
There is no tv out on the device.. Like stated you must use DLNA to get it done with either your tv or a DLNA media device. I am not sure if its a hardware limitation but it def doesnt work through an adapter I have tried.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, I guess I can only use it on the TV with my xbox hooked up. The media link adapter for DLNA is a rip off, it's $138-$150 from what I've seen, it would be better to just buy a DLNA compatible blu-ray player for that price.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
DLNA absolutely sucks and is by no means whatsoever a replacement for a true video out especially with mirroring. it is riddled with incompatabilities and is not ready for primetime. your average consumer will want to have no part in this, they could on the other hand easily hook up hdmi or A/V cables to a TV like they have done for years with camcorders, cameras, etc.