Thunderbolt vs Evo Comparison (WireFly Vid)

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
da*n it--

so...someone wanna give the main points for those of us at work who can't view this video until a break or clocking out?

In a nutshell, the kickstand is way better, the quadrant scores are way higher and it's an overall much better/faster phone. One thing I didn't like was that their not the same battery after all : ( I have an extended battery for my DInc that will definitely not work now.

Reactions: project.in.process

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
In a nutshell, the kickstand is way better, the quadrant scores are way higher and it's an overall much better/faster phone. One thing I didn't like was that their not the same battery after all : ( I have an extended battery for my DInc that will definitely not work now.

re: battery

well, just means i'll be adding my Extended Battery to the list of accessories when i put mine on Ebay, ha
dang it.

gorf79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
SLCD vs LCD

It really hard to be sure, but it appeares the colors on the evo screen looked a tad washed. Look at the Sun in the weather display. The yellow to me looks a little flat compared to the T-bolt.

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
It really hard to be sure, but it appeared the colors on the evo screen looked a tad washed. Look at the Sun in the weather display. The yellow to me looks a little flat compared to the T-bolt.

i agree.
IF both phone displays settings are the same then the tbolt def has the better quality screen. i mean we know it's slcd but at least we can see the difference and it's not some marketing gimmick, IF the settings are equal.

even the green status bars in the tests were better looking on tbolt.

cool.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Im probably still going to get this phone.. but considering the Evo came out almost a year ago... there's not really a huge difference. Not as much as you would think anyways.

barnebyjones

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Taken from the comments from the video:

Honestly, I feel this is about as special of a phone as we're going to see for a little while. The dual core phones really won't do much until 2.4 comes out... and phones won't get them until (if history repeats) 2 months after release. That means the TB will be effectively as "special" as the dual core phones for a good 4-6 months from now.

This is pretty much why I'm not waiting. Get a TB on 1 year contract now and get a quad core phone in 1H 2012.

Couldn't of said it better myself. I just wonder how much it will cost me to grab this beast on a 1 year contract :-\

I'm in the same boat with you guys. I'm guessing next year when the 2nd generation of dual core phones come out or, (triple/quad core/whoknows?) they will be way better and more optimized. Also, yeah 1 year contract is looking at me throwing down about 3 bills at least. Either way, I'm sticking with the 1 year no matter what the cost. 2 Years, is just too long to wait with the rate phone tech is increasing.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The other deciding factor is HTC is both a good hardware OEM and an outstanding software maker too. Sense is far and away the best OEM Android implementation out there, and the TBolt has the latest version.

Sorry, but after the Moto train wreck updates of late I want nothing to do with their phones (I will be coming off of a Droid X) until they get their software act together.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The Evo loses, but it should lose. Its almost a year old. That being said its still one of the best and most popular android phones out. I've had mine since launch day and I still love it. Bolt looks very nice tho, should do well. can't wait to see what the 2nd generation Evo will be like.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I kind of wish the TB was identical looking to the EVO. I think the EVO's black housing looks sleeker and the earpiece looks better. Not a big deal but I think it's a more attractive design. Kickstand wins though. I still think it's weird to have a speaker behind the kickstand though. I'm almost never going to have that thing open, so is it going to be all mufled? Hope not.

JeromeTurner5

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I kind of wish the TB was identical looking to the EVO. I think the EVO's black housing looks sleeker and the earpiece looks better. Not a big deal but I think it's a more attractive design. Kickstand wins though. I still think it's weird to have a speaker behind the kickstand though. I'm almost never going to have that thing open, so is it going to be all mufled? Hope not.

I'm pretty sure that speaker doesn't kick on unless you have the kickstand out.

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
I kind of wish the TB was identical looking to the EVO. I think the EVO's black housing looks sleeker and the earpiece looks better. Not a big deal but I think it's a more attractive design.

I like the look of the Thunderbolt more myself.. it gets back to the fine design elements that made the Nexus One a sexy phone. I wouldn't want it to look like an EVO, since it isn't one.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bronsonarnold33