Thunderbolt vs Incredible - Worth extra $$$?

imathteacher

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a barely-usable blackberry (recently resuscitated, but it's on life support :( ) that I can't wait to replace and I'm waiting until I can renew my contract on the 16th.

I just preordered the Thunderbolt at Best Buy. :D However, is it worth it to pay $100-$150 more to get a larger, 4G version of the Incredible?

I use my phone for:
  1. talking
  2. texting
  3. email
  4. (occasional puzzle game)
  5. (monthly Google search)
So my data usage isn't extreme. Also, I'm 5'3" and my hands just aren't huge, so I worry a big phone might be too much for me. I'll try using my husband's Droid X and decide, I guess.

So is it worth it to get the bigger, more expensive Droid Thunderbolt (Incredible 2), rather than the original Droid Incredible?

Thanks for your help!

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. There pretty similiar. The only difference is the TB has 4g, FFC, unibody aluminum body, kickstand, dolby surround sound, new htc sense, noise canceling mic,better camera, 32gb card with 8gbs internal, and a bigger battery. :)

Reactions: imathteacher

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
better bet would be to wait for the incredible 2 should have a 3.7-4 inch screen and offer the same cpu etc as the thunderbolt in wouldn't get the original dinc in doubt it will get updated past 2.2

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a barely-usable blackberry (recently resuscitated, but it's on life support :( ) that I can't wait to replace and I'm waiting until I can renew my contract on the 16th.

I just preordered the Thunderbolt at Best Buy. :D However, is it worth it to pay $100-$150 more to get a larger, 4G version of the Incredible?

I use my phone for:
  1. talking
  2. texting
  3. email
  4. (occasional puzzle game)
  5. (monthly Google search)
So my data usage isn't extreme. Also, I'm 5'3" and my hands just aren't huge, so I worry a big phone might be too much for me. I'll try using my husband's Droid X and decide, I guess.

So is it worth it to get the bigger, more expensive Droid Thunderbolt (Incredible 2), rather than the original Droid Incredible?

Thanks for your help!

I know someone with your height and they have the evo, and it's a girl. She does not have any problems with evo, why not get the new best thing coming out. If you going to spend some money get the best!! (Thunderbolt)

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. There pretty similiar. The only difference is the TB has 4g, FFC, unibody aluminum body, kickstand, dolby surround sound, new htc sense, noise canceling mic,better camera, 32gb card with 8gbs internal, and a bigger battery. :)

With all of this they can't be similiar, you just name almost everything that makes the phone better and different!!!

THUNDERBOLT!!!! lol

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dinc is getting Gingerbread so that would put it past 2.2 no?

My father just go this dinc.
For a light data user, who won't tinker too much it's a great device.
I tinkered with mine all the time (got it at launch) and love it.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm a 5'4" girl and I preordered today. TitansJonne brought up a lot of good considerations.

I'm coming from a Samsung Fascinate...so for me, less battery...but ffc...htc sense...and I believe the OS will see at least one official upgrade.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok thought you meant it was getting gb I hope it does but I doubt HTC wants to build 2 versions of gb

my bad sorry was driving :).

Incredible is scheduled for gingerbread I thought. If not, I won't mind. The os from eclair to froyo was BIG, but this is more like a service pack instead of a completely new os IMHO.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Look don't fall for the ffc gimick, I own a Nexus S and I never use the ffc to actually video chat(mainly because most apps haven't fixed compatibility with Gingerbread, but that is still besides the point). The Droid Incredible is just fine, you are not power user so even the original Droid will do you good. Get the Droid Incredible, you can buy it for practically nothing and the thing is still a powerhouse. 4g is also a gimick as there are practically no areas with it PLUS it is not true 4g. We shouldn't start to care about 4g for another 4 years, when 4g becomes as common as 3g. Besides that even in 4g your device won't use the internet any faster.

Sent from my Nexus S

imathteacher

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Weighing Thunderbolt Differences

I think I'm leaning toward the Thunderbolt (mostly because it won't be out-moded as soon, and the size in comparison to my BB Storm isn't too wide), but do I have all the differences right?

PRO
4G-LTE: I live in Maryland - big 4G zone. So it'll be a little faster
Froyo with future updates: Always fond of upgradable technology that won't fall behind as fast
unibody aluminum body: More likely to last in a purse.
noise canceling mic: It helps in noisy areas, and using this for business will help. Does the Incredible not have this?
32gb card with 8gbs internal: Always nice to hold more data, but then I may use it more.

DOES IT MATTER?
Bigger Battery: How much bigger? Does it account for the increased battery usage? Will it last longer?
Larger: Only 5mm wider and no thicker than my BB Storm. It should still fit my purse and hand. (123 x 67 x 14mm = Thunderbolt; 112.5 x 62.2 x 14mm - BB Storm)

CONS
Expensive: $100-$150 is significant when I just finally started breaking even in my new tutoring/academic services business

DON'T CARE
FFC/Front-Camera
kickstand
dolby surround sound
better camera

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm leaning toward the Thunderbolt (mostly because it won't be out-moded as soon, and the size in comparison to my BB Storm isn't too wide), but do I have all the differences right?

PRO
4G-LTE: I live in Maryland - big 4G zone. So it'll be a little faster
Froyo with future updates: Always fond of upgradable technology that won't fall behind as fast
unibody aluminum body: More likely to last in a purse.
noise canceling mic: It helps in noisy areas, and using this for business will help. Does the Incredible not have this?
32gb card with 8gbs internal: Always nice to hold more data, but then I may use it more.

DOES IT MATTER?
Bigger Battery: How much bigger? Does it account for the increased battery usage? Will it last longer?
Larger: Only 5mm wider and no thicker than my BB Storm. It should still fit my purse and hand. (123 x 67 x 14mm = Thunderbolt; 112.5 x 62.2 x 14mm - BB Storm)

CONS
Expensive: $100-$150 is significant when I just finally started breaking even in my new tutoring/academic services business

DON'T CARE
FFC/Front-Camera
kickstand
dolby surround sound
better camera

Im waiting to see how the battery plays out. The Incredible battery life is not all the great even with the 1750 I bought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumit2455