Time to turn your phone into a tablet?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
my Pixel 6 has actually never had a SIM card in it.

This does look like a pretty nasty vulnerability though, it's probably a good idea for anyone who can use a different phone to do so until it is patched.

docfreed

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
So, is it possible to turn off VOLTE on the Pixel 6? Or does turning off WiFi calling accomplish the same protection?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, is it possible to turn off VOLTE on the Pixel 6? Or does turning off WiFi calling accomplish the same protection?
Wifi calling yes just toggle off but volte some Carrier have the toggle to turn off and some don't

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
my Pixel 6 has actually never had a SIM card in it.

This does look like a pretty nasty vulnerability though, it's probably a good idea for anyone who can use a different phone to do so until it is patched.

Yep I'm parking the 6 Pro (and Flip to be safe) until this is ironed out, and going back to my pixel 3XL. Pretty discouraging that a vulnerability is so deep and dangerous that it renders your phone completely useless :(

There are going to be a lot of people who fall victim to this though because they won't be aware of it :-\

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep I'm parking the 6 Pro (and Flip to be safe) until this is ironed out, and going back to my pixel 3XL. Pretty discouraging that a vulnerability is so deep and dangerous that it renders your phone completely useless :(

There are going to be a lot of people who fall victim to this though because they won't be aware of it :-\

Agreed. Where are you from? And which flip is it? If you are in the US then you are fine and if it's a flip 4 you are also fine because they were snapdragon everywhere.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. Where are you from? And which flip is it? If you are in the US then you are fine and if it's a flip 4 you are also fine because they were snapdragon everywhere.

I'm in the US and I have a Flip 3. The article mentioned the modem was the problem... I know the Flip is Snapdragon powered, but I wasn't sure about the modem so I wanted to be safe since I bank on my phones :eek:

So is the modem built into the Snapdragon chipset, which would make it all Snapdragon?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the US and I have a Flip 3. The article mentioned the modem was the problem... I know the Flip is Snapdragon powered, but I wasn't sure about the modem so I wanted to be safe since I bank on my phones :eek:

So is the modem built into the Snapdragon chipset, which would make it all Snapdragon?

Yeah, the modem is part of the SoC. The US Flip 3 is definitely safe (it's modem is the Qualcomm X65, I believe).