T-Mobile Galaxy S8 TMO: Sell S7 now or wait to trade for S8?

bthornton84

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. So I have an extra T-mobile Galaxy S7 Edge that I bought off of Craigslist. It's not my daily driver (turns out I like the regular S7 I already have) and I want to get the most value out of this phone to recoup what I paid. I'm on T-mobile and I want the S8. My question: Should I sell the S7 Edge outright now and take what I can get (I have offers on Swappa for $320ish)? Or should I wait for a trade-in/trade-up deal for the S8?

I realize this is all speculative since we're still pre-release and there are no trade-in deals. But I'm new with T-mobile and the S7 is also my first Samsung phone. So I'm not sure what--if any--trade in deals TMO/Sammy has had in the past. I do know that when I was with VZW when the S7 came out, they gave me $300 for my Moto X which was a lot more than I could have got selling that phone outright, so I bit.

Thanks.

Sim Sim Salabim

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I doubt you'll get the same trade in deal as an existing customer, so I would think that swappa is your best bet to get anything of value.
but you could always check with T-Mobile to see what they say.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Friend, this is the perfect time to step off the Samsung train. I've had every Galaxy from S3 to S6. But, once I discovered the Moto Z Force, nothing else comes close.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Friend, this is the perfect time to step off the Samsung train. I've had every Galaxy from S3 to S6. But, once I discovered the Moto Z Force, nothing else comes close.

I tried the unlocked Moto Z on T-Mobile, and while it also has 700MHz Band 12, it's still missing T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling. I imagine an unlocked Moto Z Force will do any better. If you haven't noticed, T-Mobile and Samsung are quite buddy-buddy, with a lot of non-bloatware support baked into the ROM, such as T-Mobile Video Calling, DIGITS, and etc.

BYOD used to be fun with T-Mobile, but since JOD is so easy and T-Mobile's cutting edge cellular tech is in all their sold devices, that's the reason why the S8 is an easy choice.

If you don't want to bother with selling locally, maybe they could take in the trade and apply it towards your S7 to lower the balance or credit the monthly service? Don't know if it works that way, but it did when I was with Sprint many moons ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174