Tmobile Nexus 6 and then activating it AT&T

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
For many reasons, the current TMobile backorder for the 64gb and no update snafu being the final straw, I'm thinking about heading down to my TMobile (they have plenty of the 32gb in stock) and buying one outright. Assuming it is not locked, I'll then head over to AT&T and start new service and swap out the SIM. Anybody know if this is a viable option? The mrs. has been begging to go back to AT&T anyway because TMo has terrible coverage in the area she frequents whereas AT&T worked great for both of us. Am I missing something?

The other alternative is to order straight from AT&T and get $150 credit for porting my number. Maybe that in itself is worth the locked phone.

Insight anybody?

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I read on various websites that it would work since the T-Mobile Nexus 6 is essentially the same Nexus 6 you would get if you bought it off the Google Store or Motorola. According to UPS I plan on receiving the phone today so I will let you know if it works since I'm essentially doing the same thing.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
How did you get around having to add a plan with TMobile. I have been thinking about doing the same but for my wife who is on Verizon.

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
How did you get around having to add a plan with TMobile. I have been thinking about doing the same but for my wife who is on Verizon.

You have to add a plan, but once you receive your phone you can call instantly and request to cancel your new account without being charged. I believe you have 14 days to do this.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Working perfectly fine for me. Wife's line is on T-Mobile as she doesn't need the coverage that I do. Walked in, paid full retail, walked out with the Nexus all in about 5 minutes. Popped my att sim in as soon as I got to my truck with no issues.

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Working perfectly fine for me. Wife's line is on T-Mobile as she doesn't need the coverage that I do. Walked in, paid full retail, walked out with the Nexus all in about 5 minutes. Popped my att sim in as soon as I got to my truck with no issues.

Awesome!! Glad it works!!

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

Perfect. I already have TMobile account so I'm good to go there. I will lose the $150 incentive from AT&T by going this route instead of buying it from them through NEXT, but seems like a decent tradeoff to have the unlocked version. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirginiaMaeHandy