Tmobile preferred $20 android plan and rebate

sweetinabug

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched from BB to mytouch 4g (0.01 with 2yr extension and $100 mail in rebate) and was initially forced to upgrade my data plan to the $30/ month, but called loyalty and am now on a $20/ month preferred android plan.
I have a couple of questions:
1. The Tmobile rep stated the $20 plan is not 4G. Can anyone explain or verify this?
2. Will being on the $20 dollar plan void my rebate?
Thanks everyone.

technology-buzz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
1) In 4G areas they "claim" that the speeds will be reduced but I have not seen anything to prove this because I am also on the $20/month data plan and the speeds are very fast (7-10 MBps Orlando)

2) I am not sure about this, I would call T-Mobile tomorrow and find out more about this but it shouldn't affect the rebate.

jahe

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
May I ask for specifics on how you got the $20 plan? I've had a BB on T-Mobile for a long time, and am finally going to make the switch to an android device, but as I am currently not in a 4G area, I'm hesitant to pay a lot more for data with a new carrier, or to pay T-Mobile for speeds I can't get.

Is this the sort of thing where I'm in for a couple hours of hold time and dealing with surly CSRs?

The Curly Fit Chic

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a bb with tmobile for 5 years before switching to an android a couple weeks ago. The rep said they would give me the same price I was paying for my bb data. It was offered. I never asked. Also, gave me that price for my sons android as well. Thats why I love tmobile.

Reactions: jahe

jahe

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I take it you bought directly from T-Mobile, true? I'm wondering if I can take advantage of better phone prices elsewhere and then call to restore my current data plan. If not, $10/mo makes up for the difference... but then I want to know it's a pretty sure thing (I have to order online with T-Mobile as they have no stores where I am right now). Anyone else have experience getting $20 monthly data plans with new Android devices?

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely call and double check because it does say on the rebate form (at least on the ones from a direct retailer aka a T-Mobile store) that a $30 data feature is required for that phone to qualify for the rebate. Even though essentially you're paying for the unlimited at the $20 rate, there might be the possibility that it could affect the rebate since it doesn't show up as $30 on your account. Gotta love T-Mobile though, they sure know how to take care of us.

tazzy695

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
watch out for t-mobiles $10 a month data plan is a limited data plan I think the $20 one is also be very cautious about overages the my touch uses a ton of data i would highly recommend calling them back and make sure you have the unlimited data which is $30 a month

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
$20 web is not limited, it's a promo price for some of the promotional plans that are going on which is probably why the rep was able to over that.

sweetinabug

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
May I ask for specifics on how you got the $20 plan? I've had a BB on T-Mobile for a long time, and am finally going to make the switch to an android device, but as I am currently not in a 4G area, I'm hesitant to pay a lot more for data with a new carrier, or to pay T-Mobile for speeds I can't get.

Is this the sort of thing where I'm in for a couple hours of hold time and dealing with surly CSRs?
It took me a couple of tries, but I think I just had to specifically ask for the plan, as opposed to asking for 20/month data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Right-Ad-9591