To buy or not to buy the edge??

beckybluecat

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am currently see sawing between buying the s6 or s6 edge

I am slightly concerned with the edge about it being comfortable to hold and accidental screen touching issues!!

can someone give me an honest review about whether they have had any issues with this??

thank you

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Best bet would be to go into the store and play with both of them, that way you will feel for yourself if the edge is harder to hold. I went with the original version, as I thought it looked better, but my work colleague has the S6 edge and it looks really good.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I think it is very comfortable to hold, and i never have issues with accidental screen touching. For the record i am NOT a die hard Samsung fan, just switched from a Droid Turbo to s6 edge a month ago. But i agree with the post ahead of mine, go check it out in the store. The one issues i had was the back being slick. Not when you hold it, but if you set it down on any type of fabric, it will slide off. I put a bumper case on it from caseology, and problem solved. I also hear if you put a screen protector on the back glass it will fix this issue. The phone truly is a work of art though, it looks and feels amazing. I know find all other phones feeling cheap in comparison. Hope this helped a little.

Posted via the Android Central App

Shadowpdx

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday - it is lighter than my old Samsung Galaxy S5 but I like the feel of it. The edge looks great and I am busy setting things up. I agree - go to the store and handle it first - that is what I did.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Great recommendations on suggesting OP top by the store. OP, let us know if you do and how you like the Edge, or f you decided on getting the S6.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are there good tempered glass protectors for the S6E?

from the Elegance
I saw a few online but the prices are extremely cheap and I suspect that those are not really tempered. Have you found any? If so, what brands and what do the reviews say about them?

The curved nature of the screen makes it difficult for manufactures to produce a true tempered glass for this device.

Eric Stahl

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Look up "reception issues" for the S6 Edge. When I did, I saw just how many people were having the same exact problem as me. They all say the same thing "The phone worked fine for the first month or so then, all of a sudden, you can't hear people and they can't hear you". Also, the fixes listed on this forum and others did not resolve the problem. While sitting in my back yard, I get a call, we can't hear each other so, I hang up and borrow my roommates iPhone (we both have AT&T). I call them back on his iPhone and they can hear me perfectly so, it's not a AT&T issue. When I asked for additional help here on Android Forum, no one responded. The only solution (that I have read about) is to return the phone and replace it with a new one. Fortunately, Amazon is taking mine back and issuing a full refund (even though I have past the return policy window). Good luck!

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
thank you, Im hoping to go and take a look
and decide for sure :)
I agree with everyone else here with going to the store and trying them both out.
One thing to seriously keep in mind are accessories for the phone. Edge cases and screen protectors are usually limited in store. With the regular s6, you can get almost anything for it since it doesn't have the edged display.
Have fun deciding!

Sent from The Edge™

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I saw a few online but the prices are extremely cheap and I suspect that those are not really tempered. Have you found any? If so, what brands and what do the reviews say about them?

The curved nature of the screen makes it difficult for manufactures to produce a true tempered glass for this device.
I don't have the S6e but if I did a high quality screen protector would be mandatory for me, as it has always been. I guess a Zagg HD-type of protector would have to do as I've not read anything about there being edge-to-edge tempered glass for them. Come to think of it I'd probably just get the regular S6. Save some money, have a better battery, and have a plethora of screen protection options.

from the Elegance

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the S6e but if I did a high quality screen protector would be mandatory for me, as it has always been. I guess a Zagg HD-type of protector would have to do as I've not read anything about there being edge-to-edge tempered glass for them. Come to think of it I'd probably just get the regular S6. Save some money, have a better battery, and have a plethora of screen protection options.

from the Elegance
The best Zagg makes for the edge is the HD which I have on my edge now.
There are other Tempered glass protectors out there but nothing as reputable as Zagg (so far)

Sent from The Edge™

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
In store handling may not be good enough. Don't be "wowed" by the slick new curved screen...it gets old. Get the phone and handle it for the full 14 days to MAKE SURE it's what you want. When trying to turn it from portrait to landscape you almost invariable will make accidental touches on the screen causing stupid things to happen. The metal sides, which allow for the curved screen, are too narrow. Not that they feel bad in the hand so much, but that they are just too narrow and, well, try it for 14 days and see. Now though, if you really want the benefits of the good camera and other thing the S6 can provide then just get the standard S6. I have the Edge by-the-way so I am talking from experience.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Having had the edge for almost a month, I did go to the store and tried them both out. I preferred the distinctiveness of the edge, and the smoothness of side swiping because of it. Now after three weeks, if I had to do it again, I'd just get the regular S6. Personally I think it's screen is also very smooth for side swiping and because it doesn't have the edges, the screen feels a bit bigger.

I also like that it has more accessory options and of course is cheaper. The distinctiveness of the edge has actually caused more attention at work than I'd like, and I wonder if you live in a big city where cell phone theft is common, walking around with an edge makes you stick out as a more of a target. Kind of like walking around with an iPhone (the most popular phone for thieves too) does.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Having had the edge for almost a month, I did go to the store and tried them both out. I preferred the distinctiveness of the edge, and the smoothness of side swiping because of it. Now after three weeks, if I had to do it again, I'd just get the regular S6. Personally I think it's screen is also very smooth for side swiping and because it doesn't have the edges, the screen feels a bit bigger.

I also like that it has more accessory options and of course is cheaper. The distinctiveness of the edge has actually caused more attention at work than I'd like, and I wonder if you live in a big city where cell phone theft is common, walking around with an edge makes you stick out as a more of a target. Kind of like walking around with an iPhone (the most popular phone for thieves too) does.

Accessories is where the regular s6 wins. Glass screen protectors from Zagg and case galore. With the edge you just have to hunt more than normal. For example i found a case like the otterbox on amazon.

Sent from The Edge™

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Edge has that wow factor. I'm still looking at it edges even though I've had it since day one.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the S6 edge and only got because I liked how it felt in the hand. No accidental touching problems. I would say it's worth the no at to get the edge.

Sent from my LG G4 via The Uncarrier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech