To many apps to find the one im looking for out of

SuperveS

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

i have around 150 installed apps on my Galaxy 2.
when im looking for a certain one that i wanna use i find my self moving forward and backwards tons of times before i find the app that im looking for.
if it does happen to you too, what do you recommend to do to in order to solve it? is there any special app that can help?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try Google Gesture Search. Just start spelling the name by drawing on the screen, and it'll start listing matches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You could also categorize apps into folders for quicker access. 150 is a lot of apps installed, so I can see how going through the pages can be time consuming and often frustrating. But like B. Diddy said, using something with gestures is a great idea.

SuperveS

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree, Folders.
but isnt there an automated tool?
i just dont like to start plcaing each and every app and its folder.

i would pay for someone to it for me...wouldn't you ?!?

Last edited:

SuperveS

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Google Gesture is cool, though i have to remember the exact name of the app im looking for.
i dont always know what its called - i only know what it does.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i would pay for someone to it for me...wouldn't you ?!?

Yes, but everyone has their own way of categorizing. And of course, all of us techies just have to have things the way we want them to look, so trying to find a universal categorization would be hopeless.

Spend the time now to categorize your apps yourself into folders, and then from now on, whenever you install a new app, immediately place it in the corresponding folder.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Google Gesture is cool, though i have to remember the exact name of the app im looking for.
i dont always know what its called - i only know what it does.

You could even start with something like this: I use the home screens for apps that I am always going into, and let the app drawer keep the rest. Roughly half of my apps are on my home screen. Now, as a disclaimer, I am using Nova. In my Dock I have a phone folder containing phone, message, contacts and voice mail, a Google folder, app drawer, a game folder, and my file explorer. On my home screen I have a tools folder for timers and calendars, Play, Settings (Nova and System), News, Android Central, etc. And all of that is on one page.