to much waiting causes reverse excitement level

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Well, I saw it coming and now it's happened. I can't even get excited about buying a new phone anymore. My Storm sucks but today I just don't give a hoot. I'm worn out from the waiting, checking the boards here, checking the VZW site and grabbing my phone the second a text comes in in case it's VZW announcing the release of the TB - only to be let down again. I'm starting to find reasons for not spending the money on a new phone, too. I can call VZW and they'll replace my Storm if it fails me.

If the TB came out today, I'm seriously doubting I'd even run to the store to get it - that's how tired I am of playing the waiting game. Right now it's "To hell with this - I've had enough."

Anyone else lost/losing their enthusiasm? And be honest.

Deb

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same feelings. I was excited about this phone in January, and very excited at the end of Jan and early February. But now... it just seems so silly when I see all these other products coming out and Verizon's lack of concern about announcing a date.

This is why Verizon fails and Apple's marketing machine is so successful. Make an announcement, announce reasonable, actual dates, then meet those dates and market the hell out of it leading up.

Verizon just flops around on the floor, unsure of what it's doing.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon always does this but you also have to remember not every consumer reads these forums so they only found out a few weeks ago. For people like us who follow these phones from the time they are rumored makes it feel like forever... be patient... its right around the corner.

Reactions: madkillr05

robdec17

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100%.. I was very excited to get this phone and checked all the sites everyday, all day waiting for the news and now Im just tired of waiting. I dont check the sites as often as before. Im starting to lose interest in the phone now :(.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon always does this but you also have to remember not every consumer reads these forums so they only found out a few weeks ago. For people like us who follow these phones from the time they are rumored makes it feel like forever... be patient... its right around the corner.

That's a flawed argument. If I Google HTC Thunderbolt, I get 4 links on the top that talk about the Release date. If I heard about the phone at that pesky ol' CES (and we know no one pays any attention to that ;)) you'll notice that other products announced there (Atrix) have a release date and have actually be acknowledged by their carrier.

Only Verizon seems unable to get off it's ass and do something with a product that was announced over a month ago.

And who is going to drive sales of top of the line phones? Enthusiasts. Joe Blow is not coming in off the street saying "OH SNAP I WANT TO PAY $250 FOR THAT!". Joe Blow wants the $149.99 phone (maybe).

Reactions: ruger141

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, maybe we'll get our enthusiasm back when it finally comes out but right now I don't see that happening for me - at least not today.

I waited for six months for a new Blackberry - decided enuf's enuf and came over here in the hopes that one day very soon they'd have a phone I wanted. Add another month + to my wait which brings me to 7-8 months total waiting time and counting.

It's not even that I want the latest and greatest because that's not it. 4G isn't in my area and won't be for 1-2 years so that doesn't matter to me. By then most phones will prolly have the capability. I know all the smartphones will do what I need and a whole lot faster than my Storm, but I hate the looks of the other droid models - long and skinny. Yuck. The TB has a more boxy look which is what I like.

It's not that the TB seems to be quite music oriented - I don't listen to music.

Then I remember that this phone even at contract pricing is still going to be expensive for me and I'm back to "Do I REALLY want this phone?" Ack, who cares anymore. I'm to tired to care.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
IMO Verizon is just spacing out the iphone and thunderbolt to maximize their sales and I know its a pain in the butt for us who are all wanting the tb. For some reason they feel its a good idea not to announce the release date and I'm not sure if that is a good or bad idea. With all the commercials they are putting out in the last couple nights on prime time spots saying its coming soon they must be gearing up to announcing the launch date. It has been very difficult for all of us to wait but it's coming to and end soon :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
That's a flawed argument. If I Google HTC Thunderbolt, I get 4 links on the top that talk about the Release date. If I heard about the phone at that pesky ol' CES (and we know no one pays any attention to that ;)) you'll notice that other products announced there (Atrix) have a release date and have actually be acknowledged by their carrier.

Only Verizon seems unable to get off it's ass and do something with a product that was announced over a month ago.

And who is going to drive sales of top of the line phones? Enthusiasts. Joe Blow is not coming in off the street saying "OH SNAP I WANT TO PAY $250 FOR THAT!". Joe Blow wants the $149.99 phone (maybe).

Agreed.... I was going back even further to the device rumor days... now that's a long wait.:) I actually was going to wait for the Bionic but changed my mind on getting the TB last night so the anticipation has just started for me. Be glad you're not waiting on the Bionic.... you would have another 4 month wait..... or in Verizon language..... 6 months.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
if they dont have date by sunday then i feel like 24th might not happen....unless they release the phone by saying its availble today on the 24th

the loss of febuary to coming soon in the commercial is scary

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If the TB came out today, I'm seriously doubting I'd even run to the store to get it - that's how tired I am of playing the waiting game. Right now it's "To hell with this - I've had enough."

Anyone else lost/losing their enthusiasm? And be honest.

Deb

Suuuuure, you wouldn't. ;) Pavlov's dogs have nothing on us. :p Let's see what the Threads here look like a week from today.............

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You know who the people are that are going to get excited about this phone and have their excitement 'peak' right when it's coming out ? The 99% of VZW's customers that are JUST NOW starting to see some internet and magazine ads pop up.

I've only started keeping up with smartphone news and reading forums since CES2011. Lot of folks seem to drive themselves into a frenzied mess over this stuff. Perhaps keeping up and reading about future phones isn't for everyone.

Whether it's a week from now or mid March... it's not far off :)

optimum5

Jan 27, 2011
albert5x5.com
I'm experiencing that reverse excitement level myself. I'm now at the point where I'm looking at the other Verizon LTE phones as an alternative to the Thunderbolt. A few days ago, that wasn't even an option for me, but if the TBolt comes out near the same time as the Bionic, HTC might just lose a sale from me.

What IS annoying is that I'm now hearing from friends who have seen the recent Thunderbolt TV/Magazine ads, and now THEY are excited for it. I look at them, and I see ME from early this month. I'm ashamed to tell them that it might not even be coming out soon at all.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not excited anymore. I need to leave to go out of state for a family emergency and the longer the TB is delayed the more I'm thinking I'll just stick with my BlackBerry Tour for a while.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
f#$k Verizon. They cant even properly release a phone! They did the same exact thing when they released the Inc. What a bunch of incompetent idiots. They obviously do not give a **** about their technology savvy customers. i love their service and coverage but this **** is ridulous!! throw a dog a bone for gods sake. i know its just a phone, but its just like anything else, you get yourself psyched about something you want to know as much as possible. its not like they havnt said anything about it. they came out and said it would be coming sooner than expected! they should follow that up with something! its just common sense!

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yup, excitement is gone, unless this phone is released on the 24th. just got an email about the atrix on att. def goin to check it out. i will be asking about there hspa+ network in my area. cause tmo hspa+ here is excellent 5-6mb. if tbolt aint here i have no choice but to get it.

i think, better yet i am positive we are all tired of this botched marketing an release/delays of this device. i mean verizon even said expect it sooner than expected, then the rumors of delays poured in.......