To those who have a Samsung phone do you backup with Google or Samsung ?

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that you can backup all your stuff like contacts, messages etc... using either Google or the samsung backup option. I recently with my new phone turned off all the Samsung backup options and strictly only using Google as my backup option. I guess I should mention I use the Google apps over the Samsung ones too. In doing the things I did is there any cons that I'm not seeing ?? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only potential downside I can think of for Samsung Account backups is the potential for your contact info to be sold to 3rd party vendors, thus opening you up to more junk mail or spam. Samsung makes it clear in their fine print that they may sell your information to vendors. As much as people may suspect it, Google does not do this (they don't have to -- they have their own ad network, and use your data to decide which ones you see).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only potential downside I can think of for Samsung Account backups is the potential for your contact info to be sold to 3rd party vendors, thus opening you up to more junk mail or spam. Samsung makes it clear in their fine print that they may sell your information to vendors. As much as people may suspect it, Google does not do this (they don't have to -- they have their own ad network, and use your data to decide which ones you see).
Never had that issue with Samsung account backup over 10 years

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

So I take it you only use the Google back option then ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So I take it you only use the Google back option then ?

My Galaxy A32 5G is a backup phone, not my daily driver. However, I do have the Samsung backup turned on, primarily to see how it works and be able to provide help on this forum about it if needed. It doesn't matter that much to me if I get spam from 3rd party vendors, since Gmail does a good job of filtering it all out.