Tomorrow is the day, I have to decide (Send back the Ultra or send in my trade In)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's how to take closeup and macroshots with the Ultra.

1) Set main lens to 2x zoom (or even experiment with 3x), this is critical to get around the edge blurring. Make sure you're set at the low megapixel setting and not the 108mp setting.

2) Find the the optimum distance to where you get the most close up detail while the camera can still be able to focus - you will have to tap and lock the focus. With more time and practice you should be able to get it right faster without much fuss.

3) Even after the focus is locked you might have to experiment with moving the camera ever so slightly further or closer - this is mainly more for macroshots of bug size objects. You shouldn't have this much fuss with taking a closeup pic of a phone sized object.
I went to a manual setting but I'll try your method.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I was tossing around the idea of sending back my s20 Ultra instead of trading in my Note 10+. Then I picked up the Note 10+ and oh my gosh that 120hz is a huge difference. I mean I know I would adjust to the Note 10+ screen again but now I'm back in the "I don't know what to do" boat again. 1st world problems, I know. I ended up with an impromptu day off work and apparently have way too much time on my hands to think about everything.

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was tossing around the idea of sending back my s20 Ultra instead of trading in my Note 10+. Then I picked up the Note 10+ and oh my gosh that 120hz is a huge difference. I mean I know I would adjust to the Note 10+ screen again but now I'm back in the "I don't know what to do" boat again. 1st world problems, I know. I ended up with an impromptu day off work and apparently have way too much time on my hands to think about everything.
Yeah I did the same with my pixel 4xl. I finally sent off the pixel a week earlier than I had to so I didn't keep flip flopping on my decision. I got the ultra because I wanted flagship specs over the pixels fantastic camera and that's what I stuck with. I will keep this for a year and hopefully still be happy enough to keep it for a 2nd year. We will see.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did the same with my pixel 4xl. I finally sent off the pixel a week earlier than I had to so I didn't keep flip flopping on my decision. I got the ultra because I wanted flagship specs over the pixels fantastic camera and that's what I stuck with. I will keep this for a year and hopefully still be happy enough to keep it for a 2nd year. We will see.
I just boxed up my Note 10+ and dropped it off. I figured I will continue to go back and forth for as long as its here. Might as well totally get rid of the temptation lol. I've absolutely loved my experience with the Ultra so far. The camera has been amazing and the 120hz has really spoiled me. I mean I loved my Note 10+ too but now that I've had this it was hard trying to go back lol.

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just boxed up my Note 10+ and dropped it off. I figured I will continue to go back and forth for as long as its here. Might as well totally get rid of the temptation lol. I've absolutely loved my experience with the Ultra so far. The camera has been amazing and the 120hz has really spoiled me. I mean I loved my Note 10+ too but now that I've had this it was hard trying to go back lol.
Nice job. I think you'll feel better knowing the choice has been made and you can just enjoy your new phone now. If the ultra doesn't pan out, there will be more choices in the fall. The ultra is a solid device and I haven't regretted my choice yet. There is a lot to like about the ultra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol