Top 5 POI data bases for GPS - Worth checking out.

Trooper-D

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
In my experience as a driver, here are my top 5 POI databases
for you to download for your GPS. (Free & paid).

Speed cameras
gps-data-team.com/poi/united_states/safety/Speed_Trap.html

Low clearances
lowclearances.com

Truck stops
poifriend.com/poigroup.php?poigroup_id=6749

Gas stations
gps-data-team.com/poi/united_states/petrol/

Walmart
poifriend.com/poigroup.php?poigroup_id=406

I have all of these installed and they all work really well.

Safe driving.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
For the speed trap one... Why don't you just drive at the speed limit instead of having to be constantly paranoid. If you break the law expect to be caught either way.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
For the speed trap one... Why don't you just drive at the speed limit instead of having to be constantly paranoid. If you break the law expect to be caught either way.

Lame! :p

I don't speed (it lowers my gas mileage) and I hate the very idea of speeding cameras. So, I tend to avoid them all together. The businesses in those areas suffer and the community votes them out or they vote out the legislators responsible. That's what happened in a town near me, anyway. Power to the people! Er... I digress.

That list of Walmats could come in handy while on a road trip. Too bad there isn't a list of Honda motorcycle dealerships. I saw a Garmin POI list for Harley dealerships once. I teased my in-laws that I needed to have it in case they broke down. ;-)

-SR-

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for this post, but how do we get these sites into our Navigation?

About speed traps...I am a cop, and I think they are worthless, a "revenue generator", unfair, and quite possibly a violation of people's rights

cellurl

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this post, but how do we get these sites into our Navigation?

About speed traps...I am a cop, and I think they are worthless, a "revenue generator", unfair, and quite possibly a violation of people's rights
What do you think of an app called "Speed Limit".

It links to wikiSPEEDia.org a speed limit database.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024