Touchscreen/Cursor Issues

hepkitty

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I'm new to the whole smartphone world.
I am having some issues with my touchscreen.
I have noticed that the folders on my screen will randomly highlight without me touching them--they don't open, they just light up (is this some kind of a screensaver?).
When I use Facebook and attempt to use the keypad with it (as opposed to the touchscreen) I am able to start to type, then the cursor jumps around the screen and starts highlighting everything else on the page, but not where I need it to be.
I looked for a troubleshooting type thinger in the manual but didn't find anything.
I've only had the phone for one day and it's driving me batty!

Any ideas?

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
As per the folders, maybe you are lightly brushing the trackpad when using? The keyboard problem I haven't heard of and I'm sure it's related.....hold off for a few more answers here then take it back for a replacement.

Sorry I couldn't really help.

wkj

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Crap now my comps doing it

Have you tried:
? Taking out the batter for at least 2 minutes, and then starting up the phone again?
? Tried factory resetting the phone, (Make sure you back up important information first)

hepkitty

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll try the battery thing and see what happens. I haven't contacted Sprint support yet, but when I was having issues with my BlackBerry (which I traded in for the Moment) they weren't much help to me.
Honestly, I almost always by the broken item. I mean, If there are 20 of whatever I want on the shelf, I usually end up with the one that is defective, lol!

hepkitty

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
okay, so I took out the battery and that seemed to solve the problem....sort of.
Now I have a wierd screen flicker. It looks like an old TV, where you can see movement in the screen.
I think I'm going to take it back to Best Buy and get a new one.

hepkitty

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Just an update:
I ended up taking the phone back to get a new one.
There was definately something wrong with the first one, becasue the difference is AMAZING.

I have no more touchscreen issues, the battery isn't constantly draining and I can actually update the phone now.