Tracking SIM card delivery from T-Mobile

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just in case anyone runs into this issue and is searching, maybe this will help. Or maybe it's common knowledge to everyone except me!

I ordered a SIM card on 3/4 and have been awaiting delivery. The email confirmation gave me a tracking number, but according to UPS, that is not a valid tracking number; it was all digits instead of the usual 1Z... type number. Finally out of desperation I contacted customer service. She told me to add a "92" at the beginning of the number and it would magically track. And it did. Now it's set to arrive on Monday, and my new phone arrived yesterday. Arrrgh. And word of warning, it's one of those deals where UPS hands it off the the USPS to deliver. I buy from another site that does that, and it always seems to add another day and usually the tracking info isn't available from USPS.

Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and it'll arrive tomorrow since USPS still (for now) delivers on Saturday.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just in case anyone runs into this issue and is searching, maybe this will help. Or maybe it's common knowledge to everyone except me!

I ordered a SIM card on 3/4 and have been awaiting delivery. The email confirmation gave me a tracking number, but according to UPS, that is not a valid tracking number; it was all digits instead of the usual 1Z... type number. Finally out of desperation I contacted customer service. She told me to add a "92" at the beginning of the number and it would magically track. And it did. Now it's set to arrive on Monday, and my new phone arrived yesterday. Arrrgh. And word of warning, it's one of those deals where UPS hands it off the the USPS to deliver. I buy from another site that does that, and it always seems to add another day and usually the tracking info isn't available from USPS.

Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and it'll arrive tomorrow since USPS still (for now) delivers on Saturday.

I hate waiting and seeing that something I ordered is sitting somewhere for two days before finally moving.

I ordered two sim cards last week on the T-Mobile site and had them overnighted. Cost $12 including the cost of the sims but I knew when they would be here when ordering. There is no excuse for UPS ground shipping to take a week. I ordered from the website because they refused to give me one to use in my Nexus 7 at the store.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I got mine a few weeks ago now, but it was 99 cents with free overnight shipping. I just looked and it's still the same offer. Had them the next day.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Must be by location. Still shows $11.99 for overnight for me.

Nope, you're right. Once I actually proceeded to checkout, I see it's still free shipping, but just standard. $11.99 for overnight. I just lucked out and needed to rub it in I guess. Sorry:p

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Nope, you're right. Once I actually proceeded to checkout, I see it's still free shipping, but just standard. $11.99 for overnight. I just lucked out and needed to rub it in I guess. Sorry:p

Still it's not bad when you can have it tomorrow instead of waiting a week for standard shipping.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I hope you get it earlier than expected. You are lucky that you are able to track it. When Tmo delivered thier sim to me it took forever. If the estimated shipping was 5-8 busienss days, it actually took the full 8 business days, so it took almost two weeks to get to me. To put it mildy I was pretty peeved and I wish I had paid the $15 (or whatever) for overnight. It sort of spoiled the whole experience for me.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar experience as well. It was taking forever...n..since I did not know the tracking number trick..I ended up calling the customer service..as a courtesy..they helped me activate one of the SIM cards that I obtained from a local T-Mobile store for free..So I'd say if you are fed up waiting..you might want to try calling the service rep!

6packer

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
UPS sucks. UPS3D is even sucker. They will deliver the package to US postal which just add more wait time.
I wish T-mobile just put my SIMs into an envelope and send it via US mail.

newyork maven

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Estimated to take 8 day to get to NYC. BTW, the account is activated immediately at the time of your order, you better check if they start charging you for the cell service while the SIM card is on its way to you. I complain to them, they say that they will do an adjustment for me.

If T-mobile really wants to play in the big boys' sandbox, it has to behave like a big boy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail