Trade in values are garbage!

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do NOT preorder!

You can flash the unlocked software on the carrier phones. That's what I'm going to do

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Can I get instructions on how to flash the software to unlocked? Always purchased unlocked but the carrier deal is the way my husband wants to go this time...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My S7 is worth $800 trade in to Verizon, I paid $500 for it in 2016. Lol
Wow, that is really a good trade in. I am on T-Mobile and just out of curiosity I checked my z fold 3 and they will only give me $500 for it. Samsung will only give $490 for it. Have the folds dropped in value more than others?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I wouldn't care or mind going through the carrier trade-in route, if they offered 1TB devices. Limiting to 512GB, but offering $1k for every trade-in, is a bit of a joke. And then giving horrible trade-in for the unlocked 1TB through Samsung exclusively, is such a slap in the face on top of it all.

Sent from my SM-N986U using AC Forums mobile app

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Unless you are going to take advantage of the $1k carrier deal, do not pre order this. Sales are going to be so bad on this phone Samsung will have to increase trade in values after launch. Hold off, you will get a better deal post launch. This happened last year. Trade in values were more after the release date. I can't do a carrier deal because you can't get the measly 1TB version with a carrier.

Sales are going to be so bad, that yesterday T-Mobile site were sold out.. Now is saying delivery for March.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung did some analysis before reducing the trade-in values in the US and keeping the same price, but offering better trade-ins elsewhere outside the US and increasing the sale price. They are not stupid.

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon deals seem great as long as you don't mind being locked in for 3 years then it's not a big deal. Looks similar to what they did with the Pixels when they launched. I always wanted to try a Pixel and got to trade in an old S8 for like $700 credit. So now i have a P7P for $200. Another line i traded a Pixel 3a(bought for $200) $700 credit for a free Pixel 7.
I'd be all over a S23 Ultra if I didnt get a P7P. and i'm tempted to trade in my back up phone(s21) for the base s23 for my Dad but hes totally against getting a new phone. His J7 is working fine but has not room left with 15g of storge
Aren't some of those "A" phones cheapos? you could trade them in for a free upgraded storage s23!

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Agree, if I get a T-Mobile S23 ultra from samsung, I would have got $360 trade in for my S22 ultra. I could get $1000 trade in if I paid $60/month more for the t-mobile phone if i had the required plan, screw that. Almost didn't do this year but ended up going unlocked and got $500..lol. last year got $800. Probably will stop getting new model every year if this continues and go to every other.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon deals seem great as long as you don't mind being locked in for 3 years then it's not a big deal. Looks similar to what they did with the Pixels when they launched. I always wanted to try a Pixel and got to trade in an old S8 for like $700 credit. So now i have a P7P for $200. Another line i traded a Pixel 3a(bought for $200) $700 credit for a free Pixel 7.
I'd be all over a S23 Ultra if I didnt get a P7P. and i'm tempted to trade in my back up phone(s21) for the base s23 for my Dad but hes totally against getting a new phone. His J7 is working fine but has not room left with 15g of storge
Aren't some of those "A" phones cheapos? you could trade them in for a free upgraded storage s23!

I agree! Carrier deals can be very tempting. I just hate to be locked into a contract. My mom footdrags with upgrading, as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87