Transferring Number While Under Contract?

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I've recently become pretty active on these forums, and am really looking forward to getting my Android phone(Samsung Moment most likely). My contract is up on March 27th, however I just found out that the contract of another person on my account isn't up for a while longer. I do not wish to wait, but I would like to transfer the phone number from their cell. I have been a long time user of Verizon, and while I like it, the cost to move to Sprint just fits so much better for my family plan, so I can not resist. Can I do this? Do I just sign up with a new carrier, ask to transfer number and will that take care of it? Or do I need to do something special instead? Just was wondering if anyone has done this, and how they handled it.

I am aware that I will be charged a early termination fee for canceling the contract. I just wasn't sure if I can do that and transfer my number. Also how is Verizon handling cancellations? Is it a flat $175 dollar fee per line or something? Or do they take off some money for the length of time you have completed? I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they took off 5 bucks per month that you had completed, but I wasn't sure if that applied to everyone, including contracts that were preexisting.

Any helpful information is greatly appreciated. And I have really enjoyed this community so far, and appreciate all the help I have gotten so far. Hopefully soon I can do more contributing with the help once I have my Android phone :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Each # on the account is handled separately. You can port out 1 of the 2 numbers, but if you port out a number that is under contract you will be charged an early term fee. Instead of guessing what that fee will be, I would call Verizon and ask them directly. Whether it is pro rated or not and how much it is, depends on how your contract reads and when you signed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitcapsule3